S204: power tailgate error

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Anders, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Anders

Anders Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ‘14 BMW X5 M50D
    My S204 has recently started with an intermittent warning sign, tailgate open, flashing up in red for a second on the central display and then going away.

The tailgate is operating correctly, opening/closing, so most likely a sensor problem. Anyone had a similar problem?

2. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    There is reference to a flash upgrade for the control module for the automatic rear end closing- might be worth checking ? there have also been several revisions to many of the rear tailgate locking components. If the car is still under warranty I would get it checked by your local dealer.

3. rassi

rassi New Member

Car:
    C300 CDI 4matic
    Edit: wrong thread

4. OP
    OP
    Anders

Anders Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ‘14 BMW X5 M50D
    Think the problem is solved: as the red warning was only coming on for a split second I didn't notice that in fact it was not the "tailgate open warning" but rather for the bonnet open. I may not have closed it properly, and since opening/closing it this morning there have been no more warnings. Fingers crossed!