S204 rear seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
I have looked in the user guide but can't see how the rear seats fold to give me a flat loading area. Anybody enlighten me please?

I have looked in the user guide but can't see how the rear seats fold to give me a flat loading area. Anybody enlighten me please?
If its fitted with folding seats there will be handles under the rear screen to fold the backs down. It was an option however so possible yours doesn't fold.

If its fitted with folding seats there will be handles under the rear screen to fold the backs down. It was an option however so possible yours doesn't fold.

I can fold the backs down no problem, but there does not seem to be a way to "flip" the rear seat cushions forward (as in S211 - I know that is an E class, but surely all estates offer that versatility? )

Not in my S204 Steve!

Hmmmm. Now that's a disappointment. As much as I love the car, had I known it would have been a deal breaker! Never thought to check if a car advertised as an estate is in fact an estate! Biggest issue is that I can't seem to get a fully flat load area. Am I missing something @Chrishazle ? Many thanks

I can fold the backs down no problem, but there does not seem to be a way to "flip" the rear seat cushions forward (as in S211 - I know that is an E class, but surely all estates offer that versatility? )
Ah I see i got the wrong end of the stick.

With the front seats far enough forward so the rear headrests don't catch on the back of the front seats, the back of the back seat comes down close to but not completely flat, but that's the best you can do. Hasn't stopped me stacking cases of wine on the back of the back seat when booze cruising though!

It looks pretty flat in the brochure.....?
Screenshot-20200826-232940-Drive.jpg

It looks pretty flat in the brochure.....?
Screenshot-20200826-232940-Drive.jpg

Gotta love marketing! Will take another look and see if it's User Error

Thanks all

Steve, the only thing that will stop the seat back going as flat as possible is the rear headrests hitting the front seat backs - a problem I have every time I need to drop the back seat as my 5'2" wife insists on having the passenger seat as far back as possible as well as having her seat back somewhat reclined! I'm only 5'6 myself, but don't have to do anything with the driver's seat when dropping the rear seat back!

Reminds me of a thread started by Littlebrooklyn some time ago asking if opening the passenger door with your foot was acceptable in order to get out - she's exactly like my wife with her (passenger) seat position!!😁😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom