S205 Boot Trim Removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sydoo

Car
W205 C250 AMG Line sold.....C63 shopping!
Evening,

So I have a 2014 C Class estate, it’s an AMG Line model. It has the chrome trim piece across the rear boot which I would like to remove and have colour coded to the car.

Not really sure how to go about removing it, I am guessing it’s internal boot trim etc. but wondered if anyone had done the same or similar and could give me some pointers??

The part number for the estate trim piece would be useful too if anyone knows it? Found one but when I checked it found it was for saloon.

Would also like to purchase some rear bumper ‘flics’ in gloss black to attach to the rear corner vents however every listing I find says they are for the coupe and won’t fit the estate - is this correct??

Any help greatly received.

Sy

I am amazed, no one can help with this? I also posted on a U.S Merc forum and also deathly silence.....

Very strange?!?

Si

The easy answer is the EPC for the part numbers and the WIS to see how it is done. Join the Mercedes-Benz Club for free access, take out your own subscription or get a pirated version online. They really are invaluable. Failing that post the first 6 numbers of the VIN and someone who has access will look it up.

Try these EPC and WIS docs:

205 tailgate handle strip is item 400 on the EPC pic and list, and the WIS docs for its removal (and the inner liner which is a pre req).

Attachments

• EPC 205.245 74 045 pic.pdf
    316.6 KB · Views: 78
  • EPC 205.245 74 045 lst.pdf
    284 KB · Views: 58
  • WIS 205 tailgate handle strip removal.pdf
    306.9 KB · Views: 62
  • WIS 205 tailgate liner removal.pdf
    417.8 KB · Views: 65
Thank you very much gents!!! That is what I have been searching high and low for, you are too kind.

Si

The removal appears to relate to the 204 model as oppose to the 205 - do we assume the steps are still the same for both models??

Si

Mea culpa,

Looks a little more complicated on the S205. There is no proc titled 'handle strip removal' but I think it is covered by the 'outer handle removal' proc. At least it looks as though you don't have to remove the wiper motor on the 205.

Here are the 205 handle removal, centre and lower liner/trim removal procs.

Think the nuts (5) referred to in the handle removal proc secure the horizontal trim.

In any case, the trim strip fastenings should become apparent once you have visibility of the handle mech from the inside.

Attachments

• WIS 205 tailgate outer handle removal.pdf
    316.1 KB · Views: 56
  • WIS 205 tailgate centre liner removal.pdf
    281.6 KB · Views: 56
  • WIS 205 tailgate lower liner removal.pdf
    303.7 KB · Views: 54
Thanks codger your a star, will have a good look at it tomorrow when I am home.

If I was confident I could get a good colour match in vinyl I would wrap it in situ but not convinced....

I know this is an old post but Is there any chance you could post the same docs for the W205? Looked high and low

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom