S205 C Class - No Album Artwork Showing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
I have a 2018 plate C Class S205 and am using the USB in the glove box to play my music. It works great but for some reason the album artwork is not showing when a track is playing. I had a previous model C Class S204 that did show the artwork.

If I search using album artwork it does show the covers but the I play the tracks the artwork is missing?

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks

I have a 2018 plate C Class S205 and am using the USB in the glove box to play my music. It works great but for some reason the album artwork is not showing when a track is playing. I had a previous model C Class S204 that did show the artwork.

If I search using album artwork it does show the covers but the I play the tracks the artwork is missing?

Thanks
C classes on that year when reading mp3s from USB need the cover art embedded into the MP3 file to display it. A BMW I had a few years ago was happy just to have a JPG in the same folder as the MP3 files, but that MY 205s aren't quite so forgiving.

There are apps available to freely download which allow you to drop your Mp3s in and link the image which should help but I've found even then it's hit or miss whether the car decides to display them.

I think older cars were more forgiving and possibly the newer cars with MBUX are too.

Just a thought, does the problem still exist if you use the usb in the front outlet.
I don't think I have a front USB outlet on mine - unless I'm missing something!

In the front storage bin, where the ashtray and cigarette lighter used to be.

Unless they changed it, there are two USB and an SD slot in the centre arm rest cubby.

On a C Class loan car that I had for my last service the 12V outlet is replaced by a USB and the storage area now has the wireless phone charger. The 12V outlet now moves to the rear of the centre console below the rear air vents.

On a C Class loan car that I had for my last service the 12V outlet is replaced by a USB and the storage area now has the wireless phone charger.

On ours the USB at the front (next to the wireless charging mat) is a 'data port' for Android Auto / Apple Carplay. The two under the armrest are standard USBs for media playback etc.

Thanks
Sounds like the artwork is saved as a jpg in the album folder, but not embedded in each of the mp3s. I use free software called Mp3tag to add images to mp3 files. Open the software, import/drag the album of mp3s into the main screen, select all and click the image square on the left hand side of the screen to import the artwork for multiple mp3 files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom