S205 drivers door wind noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snake008

Car
C220 d
Hi all,

I’m having an issue with wind noise on my drivers door. I have read all the posts about the issue and have taken to Mercedes who have fit acoustic glass. Unfortunately the noise hasn’t gone away, any suggestions on what I could try as I’m not getting any further with the garage?

The noise kicks in at 70mph.

Cheers - Andy

The mirrors are prone to and noise. I think the official fix is acoustic glass. All that’s left is to check the seals are sound ie not deformed or marked and that the window is going fully up but the garage should’ve done that?

The mirrors are prone to and noise. I think the official fix is acoustic glass. All that’s left is to check the seals are sound ie not deformed or marked and that the window is going fully up but the garage should’ve done that?

They added a piece of foam behind the wing mirror that was missing.The window goes up fully and I now have wind deflectors installed which I tried to see if that helped....it didn’t.

In fairness they have done a few things but I think one of the seals is at fail. I just want it sorted as it’s tainting my first Merc, I had an A6 prior and no complaints......or wind noise.

Hi all,

I’m having an issue with wind noise on my drivers door. I have read all the posts about the issue and have taken to Mercedes who have fit acoustic glass. Unfortunately the noise hasn’t gone away, any suggestions on what I could try as I’m not getting any further with the garage?

The noise kicks in at 70mph.

Cheers - Andy

Keep it under 70 !

They added a piece of foam behind the wing mirror that was missing.The window goes up fully and I now have wind deflectors installed which I tried to see if that helped....it didn’t.

In fairness they have done a few things but I think one of the seals is at fail. I just want it sorted as it’s tainting my first Merc, I had an A6 prior and no complaints......or wind noise.

Got to admit I just left it with mine in the end as couldn't hear it with the radio on! Replaced it with a BMW and the door seals creak like a coffin!

AE745D4F-3C48-47E5-85FC-88E1B09CBC01.jpeg Just looked at the rubbers and one is cracking slightly. Worth replacing?

Be worth a warranty ask I’d think
Fair point, I’m a little surprised they didn’t replace it first before putting the acoustic glass in initially. It needs to go back in for a noise on the blower when it’s on full so I will got it a go.

I had mine done recently w205, its made the wind noise in the front quieter, however I have worn conti rear tyres (3mm)which are now noticeably louder and the back of the car seems louder due to how quiet the front is.

I get almost what seems like a whistle noise at higher speeds now. However to me it seems a result of the louder rear vs the quieter front, I'm hoping the tyre change next week improves things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom