S205 eibach springs feel crashy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emc4raz

Car
c220 cdi sport coupe
Hi All, had eibach springs fitted about a month ago on my 2015 s205 se, the ride quality is so crashy, and it makes noises when going over bumps, the standard shocks were used.

Driving me crazy, any opinions.

Swap back to the correct MB springs?
Why did you change to the Eibach springs? Are they standard length?
Generally a crashy ride would be down to the shock absorbers and/or the tyres.

Folks put on higher rated/shorter travel springs to improve handling but appear surprised when the ride quality deteriorates. You may have a spring/shocker -- deflection/rebound mismatch and things may improve by matching new shock absorbers to the higher rated springs- This may remove the crashiness but the ride quality will likely remain much firmer- or you could revert to the old spring ratings determined after many hours of Mercedes road test during their model development program? ;)

Unusual outcome with Eibach Pro as they're designed to work with standard to uprated Bilstein B8 damper.

What trim level model and mileage ?

Bottom line here.

You have to use the correct uprated shocks when using lowering springs. Standard shocks will just not work. You car will bounce about. The crashy behaviour you are experiencing is because your actual wheel is not being controlled by your standard shock which is too soft to use with an Eibach spring.
Get a set of Koni sport or Bilstein B6/8 shocks and your car will be awesome.

Not necessarily true , but I would recommend a new Bilstein B4 a slightly uprated OE damper .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the reply, my car was a se and sat too high as ive put amg parts on the car, i will have a look at the options for a shock absorber

I suspect the SE damper is slightly out of the best damping range and is too soft for the Eibach.

AMG line / AMG Sport or whatever they market OE Bilstein B4 dampers will work well .

I suspect the SE damper is slightly out of the best damping range and is too soft for the Eibach.

AMG line / AMG Sport or whatever they market OE Bilstein B4 dampers will work well .
B4 will still be too soft

I have done this from Evos to 911 turbos. There is no cheap way to do it right

Can any one recommend a place to purchase these shocks having a bit of difficulty

Balance motorsport , Auto Doc .

B4 SE will be too soft , B4 AMG line won't .

@HB come drive my VW Sport model with Eibach Pro kit with Bilstein B4 dampers , you won't think it too soft .

And I absolutely wouldn't want a further uprated Bilstein B6 or B8 damper on there
( Bilstein B12 kit ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom