S205 Fuel Filler Flap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philsmerc

Car
S213 E220d AMG-line premium estate
Hi

Back in the suumer, I posted on here to ask fellow 205 BlueTec owners if they'd ecountered a ticking noise coming from the fuel flap area (or below) for about 20 seconds after switch-off.

No-one seemed to have had similar although there were suggestions it could either be exhaust cooling down (also suggested my MB dealership when I popped in on passing) or something to do with the AddBlue system (seemed more feasable).

On a recent service, I asked them to look at the fuel flap, as it had always seemed to be a little off-centre, resulting in the latching end being nearer to the bodywork (only by about 1mm) and I was afraid that over time, could result on marks to the paintwork.

The dealership said that they'd had some problems with 205 fuel flaps and a new unit was fitted under warranty. Not only does it now open more easily (and springs out) but also the ticking noise seems to have gone too.

Now the latter may be due to the AddBlue being topped up on the service so time will tell (another year left on the warranty).

Phil

Well, the ticking noise is back, but only intermitently. As it was a warranty repair on the fuel flap assembly, I didnt get an invoice so I don't know exactly was was changed. I am waiting for a call back from the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom