S210 (2.8) fitting new Serpentine belt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welland99

Car
W210 E280 estate 1999 facelift; 6th gen honda accord coupe 2000
I've been thinking of fitting a new Serpentine belt to my S210 (2.8) for ages, but keep putting it off (never done one before:eek:).

Apart from forgetting the correct routing for the new belt - are there any common pit falls I should try to avoid?

Does the belt have to travel in the correct direction, or is it universal?

I gather that the tensioner pulley is automatic, so i don't have to set it correctly. is this correct?

And is it correct that i don't actually have to undo anything, just release tension by applying leverage in the correct direction? How can i tell which pulley is the tensioner pulley, and where to apply the leverage?:dk:

The tensioner is spring loaded so you can't go wrong there. Draw a diagram of the belt route before you remove the old 1. This is definitely a DIY job. I've had mine on and off numerous times whilst doing bits and pieces.

might be worth replacing the spring loaded tensioner at the same time as they aren't that expensive and then you have the peace of mind that it is done.

The tensioner is spring loaded so you can't go wrong there. Draw a diagram of the belt route before you remove the old 1. This is definitely a DIY job. I've had mine on and off numerous times whilst doing bits and pieces.

Thanks a lot for your advice. i did the job this afternoon. It took longer thinking about it than actually doing it. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom