S210 2.8 - what is this for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welland99

Car
W210 E280 estate 1999 facelift; 6th gen honda accord coupe 2000
There is a little plastic cap next to my engine with the words for MB workshop only. I always imagined it to be an electrical plug for some kind of diagnostic equipment, and have thus ignored it for over 5 years.

However, curiosity got the better of me at the weekend, and I removed the cover. I discovered a metal tube that really baffles me. Is it something to do with the gearbox - breather / dipstick hole or filler?

Can anybody enlighten me, please?

Attachments

• IMG_5125.jpg
    IMG_5125.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5126.jpg
    IMG_5126.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 17
Gearbox dipstick/ filler pipe

as above gearbox dipstick you can get the dipstick off ebay the really long ones!

There is a little plastic cap next to my engine with the words for MB workshop only. I always imagined it to be an electrical plug for some kind of diagnostic equipment, and have thus ignored it for over 5 years.

However, curiosity got the better of me at the weekend, and I removed the cover. I discovered a metal tube that really baffles me. Is it something to do with the gearbox - breather / dipstick hole or filler?

Can anybody enlighten me, please?

As above it's for the dipstick for gearbox oil you can the the dipstick off ebay= they are really long! Not sure if you can check oil levels on the W220 trip display.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom