S210 adjustable rear toe arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mickybo

Car
W251 R320cdi
Does anyone know where I can get a fully adjustable rear toe control arm for an S210 e320cdi, I have seen them for stupid money on ebay but just looking something that ain't going to break the bank

The rear toe is adjustable on W210 series cars.

Do you mean camber adjustment arm?

My 210 needs the rear camber adjusting. Negative on the rears to house the wide rear wheels and tyres that came with the lowered set-up.

If it's not too big a job, I might get young Ringway to have a go at it. That and the height adjustment linkage.
I actually paid an indie in Stockport to re-set all the suspension set-up when I had the new springs fitted. :rolleyes:

No it is the toe, think there is a problem somewhere else at the rear and the adjustment on the passenger side wont pull in far enough so and the garage cant find the reason and I have replaced all the arms on that side and still the same, so i need a fully adjustable arm to let me angle the toe in correctly

wonder if the subframe bush needs changing, and car is 'crabbing' along the road.

Front bushes go first on rear subframe.

Is the camber OK?

I wonder if the subframe is bent.

perhaps even the toe link is bent, and the reason why it cannot be adjusted enough to get correct figure.

OR perhaps the toe link ball joint is seized.

The toe link needs to be removed to check.

They are cheap from Mercedes (or they were when I purchased replacements)

OR perhaps the toe link ball joint is seized.

The toe link needs to be removed to check.

They are cheap from Mercedes (or they were when I purchased replacements)

It doesn't have a ball joint on it, it is a solid arm with a bolt at one end and a oval bolt/washer at the other for adjustment and it is brand new

Which arm is it:

The tie rod (for toe adjustment) is drawing 540.

The end with number 570 nut is the ball pin, and this end fits into a taper, and pin must be held with allen key to stop ball from turning when tightening nut.

The other end is the toe adjustment eccentric bolt/washer.

Perhaps you are getting confused with the CAMBER link because your adviser thinks the camber is the cause of your worn tyres.

I was hoping to avoid confusion...and the op would point out the arm he wants...no matter what it's called.

Ah, the arm that was replaced looked like 540, thanks renault21ts, that is the arm i need that is fully adjustable

Last edited:
I guess this has been sorted now?
I had the bolt seize in the sleeeve so it wouldnt allow the bolt to turn to adjust the toe.
Did you have the same problem?
How did you unseize it?
many thanks
Mark

I had same problem of the W210 E300TD recently.
After some front-end re-fit work (lower suspension arms), I needed a 4-wheel alignment.
Both rear toe arm adjusters were seized.
Judicious application of the grinder was needed to remove them :eek:.
They were not expensive ... Around £18 each from ECP.

Grinder mmmmm yes I could see that sort of
Did you grind the bolt or through the arm and then the bolt?
I was thinking to hacksaw just the bolt at both ends then drilling the bolt out to re use the arm but that is just being tight i guess
Having only got 5000 miles out my tyres so far,not illegal but nearly smooth on the inside because of the camber, yes i know the large amount of camber is to improve handling but I was thinking of slightly reducing the camber on the bottom arm by elongating the hole with a die grinder, then weld a washer in place to pull the bottom of the wheel in, to give less Neg but still have slight neg and then I wouldnt need so much toe in, rather than spend loads on adjustable arms.
Surely a little wouldnt hurt and I would think that the toe in is purely there to offset the wear caused by the camber?
cheers
mark

I had the same and drilled through the bush and bolt so it snapped the head off, then fitted a new arm.

Excess camber will be a result of the car being too low, either as a result of lowering springs, or the original ones have sagged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom