S210 e200k problem- slow to pull away from standstill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s210

Car
mercedes e200
Hi

Over the past 12 months my 2001 E200k auto has developed a problem whereby it sometimes pulls away very slowly from a standing start. Both the engine speed and rolling speed are restricted for a few seconds then it is normal again.

This only happens froma standing start and is now getting worse (more frequent).

The gearbox is fine in every other respect and g'box oil has been changed regularly.

Any ideas?

anyone?

I'm hoping it's not a gearbox problem, are there any other possible causes to look at?

Have you had the car scanned with STAR , there may well be some faults stored that wont trigger the EML .

Yes I guess getting it plugged in to Star will be the next step

Having read some old posts on here I strongly suspected an igintion coil, as these are relatively cheap I took a punt and bought one on ebay (GBP 25 delivered)

I needed to know which cylinder was misfiring, it turned out to be too inconvenient to get to a star machine so I took the opportunity to buy a code reader. I chose the AEG 97131 OBD II.It cost just GBP25 delivered again via ebay. I had to get an adaptor lead (ebay, 8GBP) as my car is too old to have a OBD II socket.

This confirmed misfire on Cyl 2, the coil pack was very easy to change and this does seem to have done the trick.

Hopefully this will help someone with a similar problem.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom