S210. Poor performance from reversing lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
The reversing lights on my S210 don't seem as bright as those on my previous one.
I detect a slight dark tint on the lens but this could just be due to the age of the car?
I suppose those pesky tinted door mirrors don't help, but I can't really see as much as I'd like to when reversing in the dark.

Has anyone fitted brighter bulbs or worked out a way to improve things?

TIA.

Paul.

I had one of my lamps fail so bought a new bulb to replace. When I took the cluster off, there was a bit of surface rust on the contact area (water must have got in somewhere) so I cleaned it with a fibre pen and contact cleaner. The old bulb worked again but thought may as well put the new one in.

The new one is much brighter than me old bulb (both standard bulbs) so now I have one bright and one dim reverse light!

Must get round to doing the other one one day

Have you checked they are fitted correctly had this on the wifes golf (god I hated that car) the bulb holder would come loose and left you with dull lights as it was too far back to make use of the reflectorsin the housing. Also check for dust inside the lense.
Be careful of increasing the bulb power too much if it gets too hot it could damage the lense had this on my old 190 heater switches couldnt get the right bulbs even from merc so raided the breakers yard for spares

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom