S211(226) E320cdi Wiring Help Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toolman1954

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2006 320 CDI Avantgarde . 1997 312d Sprinter
Hi,
To assist with my Key Fob Not Working (separate thread ) I have replaced the rear fusebox / SAM N10/2.
Now, because stupidly, I did not bother to take a photo, I have 2 green plugs to fit into a choice of 4 green sockets, numbered, 11, 10, 8 and 18. on the N10/2. At the moment I have the 2 green plugs in socket holes 8 and 18.
I have studied various photos on Ebay for Rear Fusebox / SAM N10/2 for sale where the wires have been left in and also various photos of them on Google without anything conclusive.
Now, I have a non working fuel gauge, whether this is related to one of the plugs being in the wrong hole or it is a case of some cruddy wiring in the back from the sender unit to the N10/2 I do not know.
I do have a copy of WIS, but have now spent hours and hours trying to get a diagram from it and as far as I can get is listing documents, but not being able to see them despite where I seem to click. Not being able to get a wiring diagram is so very infuriating.
So, please, would someone who knows what they are doing, be kind enough to tell me the wiring colour for the fuel tank sender unit to N10/2 ( so I can check for a broken wire ) and where it terminates in N10/2. What are the two green plugs that go into either of the 4 green sockets.?
Thank you very much for your time.
Steve.

Can you not see on the old SAM where they were plugged in - should show some wear marking on the metal connectors

Green plugs (which have brown, brown/red pair in them) are CANbus plugs. One goes to the audio-gateway in pre 2009 cars. Dunno where the other one goes, never checked. It doesn't matter which of the 4 sockets they are in, they are all connected together.

Richard

There are left and right fuel sensors. They go to connector 2. Common is on pin 5 (2x brown/green), then left also goes to pin 6 (blue/black) and right to pin 5 (blue/black)
R

SOLVED....SOLVED.....SOLVED

On a roll this week with solving problems on the old girl.
@ Larkone ....thank you for your thoughts

@ Richard... Thank you very much for your help.

You have confirmed that a: I have done nothing wrong with the two wee green plugs ( and I now know what they are ) and b: there is nothing wrong with the wiring of the fuel sender to the SAM unit.
Therefore it would seem that the fault has to lie with the SAM unit.
Another problem that only manifested itself today after driving the car to get some front pads fitted was the lack of SB Hold and notification of that on the dash. Another pointer towards a faulty SAM unit.!
My original SAM unit was refitted and all was ticketty boo, everything working again. No more notifications on the dash.
I suppose just highlights the problem of buying used stuff off of Ebay and putting too much trust in it.
So... Sunday, Key fob working, Tuesday, Winter tyres fitted, Wednesday, New front pads fitted and rear SAM problem sorted. Back up Scotland on Saturday .....weather permitting.!
Now just need to buy a copy of "Using WIS For The Over 60's"

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom