S211 320 Cdi P0717 and limp home mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borris1954

Car
S204 C 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY, R170 SLK 230, B 180d AMG Line
Hi all,

My recently acquired S211 320 Cdi has now twice gone into limp home mode. On both occasions it was after a long drive (100miles plus) and the car being left for a few hours. Soon after driving off the car went into limp home mode after stopping at a junction. My iCarsoft i980 reports the dreaded 0717 no signal from the Turbine speed sensor code. Switching off and re-starting restored normal operation and there have been no issues just driving around locally.

The car has 101K on the clock and up until 80K was service by MB main dealers. However, looking at the service history booklet there is no evidence a transmission service was ever carried out so I suspect that's the route cause of the issue.

I was intending to get this service done but having been researching I fear this may be too late as the damage is done and the fault will keep reappearing and just get worse and worse. In effect just money wasted.

What's the consensus - do I bite the bullet and go straight for having the valve body replaced or is there a chance a service will rectify matters?

All views welcome.

PS Anybody know roughly what a valve body swap and all the associated stuff that goes with it might cost...

Hi All,

Just a quick update to say that this issue is now resolved and to say a big big thanks to Terry and the team at Wayne Gates in Harrow - these guys are absolutely brilliant. I can't recommend them too highly. Sadly I can't say the same about my warranty company but that's another story...

Cheers
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom