S211 320 Cdi Steering wheel Phone buttons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borris1954

Car
S204 C 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY, R170 SLK 230, B 180d AMG Line
Evenin' All,

I have recently installed a Dension Gateway 500S BT (GW52MO2) which I am having a few teething issues with. My late 2006 facelift E Class Estate did not come with any phone pre-wiring or installed hands free phone system.

Apart from not liking my Windows phones the Dension works very well with the factory fitited COMAND DVD APS with Navigation when using the head unit phone buttons. However, the steering wheel buttons just say "Function Unavailable" when pressed. If I put the Dension into bypass mode so operation reverts to normal CDC and no Dension in circuit I observe that the phone buttons on the COMAND say "No Phone" whereas the steering wheel one still say "Function Unavailable".

Dension tell me that the both the steering wheel and head unit buttons should put out the same signal which their unit reads. Dension also say that "normally" no coding is required to install their unit with my 2006 COMAND unit. When I look at the live data stream from SCM via my iCarsoft i980 I can see that "pickup" and "hangup" signals are in the SCM data stream when buttons pressed.

So my question (finally!) is do I need something enabled via STAR to get these steering wheel buttons to work?

Thanks

I visited Command (Europe) in Lightwater today and thanks to some "billy whizz" coding by Mark this is now all sorted. Brilliant stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom