S211 320cdi abs pump air leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi everyone!
I had a small problem with my estate e320cdi s211 the driver side rear air spring was sinking a bit and stayed lower then the other side. So I bought two rear air springs fitted them nothing changed, still the driver side stay lower then the passenger side. The only thing I noticed now very recently it started making hissing sound under the bonnet as soon as i stop and you can see the driver side dropping down quicker then the passenger side. Does anyone know if the hisssing sound of air leak is ok if not can it be that only driver side is leaking and last one how hard to fix it please?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi,
If you look on Youtube, there are various videos on how to cure a leakage from the top of the air strut. The first test is just some soapy water, cheap washing up liquid, and spray it around all the joints and on top of the strut. Where you spot the bubbles there is a leak. I woul have the engine runnning for this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,
If you look on Youtube, there are various videos on how to cure a leakage from the top of the air strut. The first test is just some soapy water, cheap washing up liquid, and spray it around all the joints and on top of the strut. Where you spot the bubbles there is a leak. I woul have the engine runnning for this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks for the info but on mine only the rears has air springs I checked for leaks after i fitted the new springs. I'll check the utube for the pump air leak test

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom