S211 320cdi v6 miles per tank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mc1

Car
E320cdi sport est
Ok guys and girls. I have owned my 08 320cdi for about 5 months now and was wondering how many miles you get between fill ups. Best I have got is 450 miles

Totally depends on what you're doing. 450 sounds like a mixture of roads and motoway b

Do you have the standard sized or the extra large tank?

I have a 280 but it's the same engine. I see anything between 530-630 miles to a tank. But it's the large tank

I generally fill ip when the light comes on but get about 70 litres in. Just woundering if this is about right. I drive about 50 miles motorway and 40 a roads and town a day.
Car blowns a bit of smoke when i boot it onto the motorway most days!
I have used millers fuel additive for the last 5 tanks

70 litres for 450 miles is...29mpg. So, not great is it?

I have a 280 but it's the same engine. I see anything between 530-630 miles to a tank. But it's the large tank

How many litres do you put it roughly?

I used to get around 500 miles from 70 litres in my E320cdi, that is roughly 33mpg.
OBC used to read about 36mpg.

Some tanks were only 450 miles, other were over 600miles, but most were 500 miles or 33mpg.

Is your car hitting 90ºc pretty quickly? sub 10 miles or 10 minutes? And then staying there no matter what?

40mpg is possible, but you need to sit at 70mph and do pretty much all steady motorway work, any town work soon brings the average right down.
Remember, this is a car that does 26mpg urban, so any stop start driving, roundabouts, lights, junctions etc. will soon kill the mpg.

My E320 V6 petrol did better during the winter on my 9 mile trip into Norwich on a morning.

Mc1 said:
How many litres do you put it roughly?
enough to fill it :) usually 70 something litres. I fill up when it says reserve fuel

Mc1 said:
No i dont think so when people talk about getting 40mpg
my average mpg per tank is 37mpg but that's being VERY careful

In 3 1/2 years of ownership my mpg has varied between 28 and 37 depending on the type of driving. I have averaged 31.7 mpg over the whole period.

I noticed today it is due its 100k service with fuel and air filters so hopefully this will help my mpg

I didnt realise the V6 was so bad for mpg. I have a straight 6 320 and never get less that 500 to a tank and if mainly mway I can get over 800 . Current tank is down to just over 1/4 and I have covered 630 mls and that is all town/rural driving but with no rush hour/stop start.

badmoon said:
I didnt realise the V6 was so bad for mpg. I have a straight 6 320 and never get less that 500 to a tank and if mainly mway I can get over 800 . Current tank is down to just over 1/4 and I have covered 630 mls and that is all town/rural driving but with no rush hour/stop start.
the i6 is far superior for mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom