s211 5.5 Hens Teeth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame it’s not an avantgarde :(

Nice car but not sure I’d want AMG running costs without the full package? :)

For someone who wants a little extra comfort and discretion though I can see the appeal - but ultimately this is why they’re so unusual to find - you might as well buy an AMG :cool:

Nice car but not sure I’d want AMG running costs without the full package? :)

For someone who wants a little extra comfort and discretion though I can see the appeal - but ultimately this is why they’re so unusual to find - you might as well buy an AMG :cool:
And pay double for it :eek:

That’s the thing - and why AMGs are such good value - it’s nowhere near double is it?

You get a whole lot more kit for very little extra too, and usually AMG cars come very well equipped :cool:

This is probably why the 500 is so rare, it was unpopular. Not a bad car, just not popular.

Though they are a slightly newer design 7 spd presumably, without the complexity of the Supercharger and added wear these can give the rest of the components off the car.

Softer ride i presume and complete Wolf in Sheep's clothing, I wouldn't mind one whatever the spec. Shame that one isn't a 7 seater tho.

Would i have one over a e55k? hummmm close call it is.

Hourses for courses I guess. For £4/5k or something I can see the attraction but for circa 75% of the cost of an AMG I’d take an E55K every time :cool:

Should have better residuals too even at this age IMHO.

Obviously I’m biased :D

That car is £555 (or £240 more PA) for road tax too than a ‘55... :)

£240 a year, every year. Would go towards some of the running costs at least ;)

£7.5k for a 13 year old Estate with 122k on the clock? with the thirst of an AMG - am I missing something?

£7.5k for a 13 year old Estate with 122k on the clock? with the thirst of an AMG - am I missing something?

Isn't a decent condition E55 estate around £13K?

So this is 58% of the cost, yet has 82% of the BHP (383bhp/469bhp) and 76% of the torque (530nm/700nm) as well as having the newer 7 speed box, and being a facelift model.

What's wrong with an estate? Some people have dogs, need the space or need 7 seats (granted this example doesn't benefit from this option)

Last edited:

2007-2018= 11 years :)

A 2007 (facelift) E63 will definitely be a lot more, this one is £14k and 'only' a 2006. Granted they are different cars but is the AMG really worth all that extra cash?

Grandad spec , no thanks

It definitely has its place. Some people want a car with a good amount of power, but without big wheels and hard suspension which ruin the ride.

Last edited:
Isn't a decent condition E55 estate around £13K?

So this is 58% of the cost, yet has 82% of the BHP (383bhp/469bhp) and 76% of the torque (530nm/700nm) as well as having the newer 7 speed box, and being a facelift model.

What's wrong with an estate? Some people have dogs, need the space or need 7 seats (granted this example doesn't benefit from this option)

And 99% of the running costs.

Its way over priced IMO.

I’m sure most of the parts don’t carry the AMG mark up either lol, Granted the mileage is getting up there but I wouldn’t had thought it’s had a hard life compared with 90% of the AMGs our there.

Grandad spec , no thanks

Really? Harman Kardon, Distronic, Keyless Go, memory front seats, COMAND? That's most of the toys you would get in an E55K. If it had blue leather rather than anthracite, I might be tempted if I didn't have the E63 (also a 5.5, but with a few more horses ;)). I love the blue interior (same as my '03 E500, and my kids hated it...), but I don't think the bodywork colour does it any favours.

It will appeal to an elderly gentleman, I think, where the E55K is more of a yob's car (I've had two, and loved them; I must be an elderly gentleman with perhaps more than a touch of yob...).

It's certainly a wolf in sheep's clothing; you could put E270 CDI badges on it and get away with it, whereas on an E55K you wouldn't fool anybody.

It will have the 7-speed box, but that's not an M113 engine; could it have possible secondary timing chain issues?

"Intelligent lighting"? Really? In what way?

I agree with Killerhertz, though; it's overpriced with that mileage, which will put many elderly gentlemen off; they remember when anything over 100K was worn out.

Intelligent lighting on the facelift.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really like that. Being an elegance with (relatively) small wheels, it will waft along beautifully - which is what you want from a big estate on our shitty roads? I don't get the firm suspension & big wheels thing on cars like this TBH. It's not a Lotus.

Agree it's well overpriced though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom