s211 5.5 Hens Teeth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i knew I had seen this car before, and now I have found it!

Mercedes Benz E500 Estate (W211) aka 'Thirsty Merc' - Page 1 - Readers' Cars - PistonHeads

I think it looks good, certainly well spec'd and very well looked after. The price may be high, but when seeing what S212 E500s go for this seems like a good deal given that it has the same engine and is only 3 years older. I suppose this is well within the date range for the timing gear issue though - not sure whether that can still be an issue by the time an engine reaches this age and mileage?

i knew I had seen this car before, and now I have found it!

Mercedes Benz E500 Estate (W211) aka 'Thirsty Merc' - Page 1 - Readers' Cars - PistonHeads

I think it looks good, certainly well spec'd and very well looked after. The price may be high, but when seeing what S212 E500s go for this seems like a good deal given that it has the same engine and is only 3 years older. I suppose this is well within the date range for the timing gear issue though - not sure whether that can still be an issue by the time an engine reaches this age and mileage?

Ahhh I remember seeing that too now!!!!

Avant-garde with the AMG sport body pack and wheels would make a nice car. I had a 5.0 litre and it was brilliant. However, as above, £7500 for 122k miles is at least £2500 too much IMHO

Overpriced? Well, it sold within a week.

It's not an AMG but it's a well-built and probably reliable 388bhp family wagon giving 28mpg - which is a lot better than an E55.

Not interesting enough for a LeMans weekend, but more than capable of taking the family to the Alps or Rome in comfort.

Too many miles for my taste, but others trust Sindelfingen's reliability.

9495216711_796e1004f9_c.jpg

Tbh the above pic says it all , some pictures simply show how a car has been looked after and that one^ has imho

It's not an AMG but it's a well-built and probably reliable 388bhp family wagon giving 28mpg - which is a lot better than an E55.

Not interesting enough for a LeMans weekend, but more than capable of taking the family to the Alps or Rome in comfort.

Though the S212 version that’s still on AT at almost £19k may actually be overpriced - it’s still there after more than a week!

Sold...? Perhaps the new owner didn't like it...Mercedes-Benz E Class E500 Elegance Estate S211 5.5 V8 | eBay

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tis probably still in great fettle, but just thought it was a point worth highlighting. Photos make a huge difference to the decision to go see a car.

One thing rings an alarm bell about that car; if the winning bidder first time around never completed the purchase, why not offer it to the next highest bidder as a Second Chance? One possible explanation is shill bidding.

The first car has 7 hrs to run on eBay, and no bids so far with a starter of £6300.

Ebay is cruel; it tells you what a car is really worth, and it usually seems to be less than you think...

Not sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though the S212 version that’s still on AT at almost £19k may actually be overpriced - it’s still there after more than a week!

Curiously the S212 E500 that was on Autotrader for £18,881 disappeared - and then has reappeared advertised by another dealer at £22k! I thought the first price was rather high...

2010 Silver MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS 5.5 E500 Sport Auto 5dr for sale for £21985 in Bedford, Bedfordshire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom