s211 5.5 Hens Teeth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't you just love dealers like that; total waste of oxygen - they produce nothing whatsoever but profit. A bit like people who buy registration numbers in DVLA auctions and immediately put them up for sale for far higher prices, then. I'm not sure I understand their mindset, though; if something didn't sell for a lower price, why would it sell for a higher price in the same marketplace?

FWIW, it looks to me as though the used car market is pretty stagnant at the moment; let's hope lots of greedy tossers get their fingers burnt as it gets even worse as Brexit looms ever nearer...

Last edited:
I noticed that re-advert on the S212 E500 too. Bewildering price. Low mileage but low spec although seats look nice (although not ventilated)
The same dealer has recently sold a E500 S212 saloon - over priced too (~21k) imho but it’s been sold. Perhaps the dealer has a good client list.

I noticed that re-advert on the S212 E500 too. Bewildering price. Low mileage but low spec although seats look nice (although not ventilated)
The same dealer has recently sold a E500 S212 saloon - over priced too (~21k) imho but it’s been sold. Perhaps the dealer has a good client list.

How do you know that the E500 W212 has been sold ? It's a common mistake to think that a car no longer listed has been sold (...at anywhere near asking price). Often the car isn't sold, or has been passed on in the trade at nowhere near that asking price. Especially for luxury large engined cars as they hurtle from six figure new prices down into four figure territory.

The advert said SOLD that’s all I’m going on

I’m wondering if the dealer sold the saloon at their high price and was thus emboldened to buy the estate so as to try and strike gold again!

I think that’s how I’d interpret it - especially as i think i recall it saying something like ‘Sold - similar required’. It was low mileage too but not big spec. I like to keep my eyes open on the E500 range ..... in case I want a set.

I like these prices. Mine has only just nudged over 62k. Since I changed jobs my annual mileage is way down. Plus I haven't been to France for a while. At this rate I'll struggle to pass 4k in my second year of ownership.

Man maths tells I'm now actually making money by running it. LOL.

Mine has 63k on it (2010); big spec; rare colour; I agree - could probably sell it for a profit ...... but i don’t want to as it’s a good family car - not quite as pokey as my cabriolet though.... but more fuel efficient is a mystery!

I think that’s how I’d interpret it - especially as i think i recall it saying something like ‘Sold - similar required’. It was low mileage too but not big spec. I like to keep my eyes open on the E500 range ..... in case I want a set.

An update: the palladium silver S212 with the lowish spec is now down to £19,985.

This is the car that was asking £18,881 and then was ‘Sold’ before appearing on another trader’s site (Bedford Carriage Co) at £22k. They seem to have chopped the price fairly quickly: they’ve been listing it for a month.

Indeed - now £17985 and says sold similar required....
Perhaps difficult to sell S212 E500 at £22k when E63 estate is almost the same. However, E350 estates (petrol) can be up to £16k recently so .... or as low as £9k depending on mileage etc... a volatile market shall we say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom