S211 7Gtronic oil change price enquiry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clubhellfire

Car
S211 E350 Advantgarde Sport
I've recently picked up my s211 and now looking into future servicing. The car is a jap import with full history but in Japanese hence even with Google translate I cannot be sure the auto box has had the oil changed.

I've been to a local indy garage for a price but before he quoted he asked me to check the service history.

What ball park figure should I expect for the oil change?

Thanks

Did it myself recently and the fluid, filter, gasket, level tube and new stretch bolts came to about £160.00
Add in around 2 to 3 hours Labour for the garage and that’ll be about what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've recently picked up my s211 and now looking into future servicing. The car is a jap import with full history but in Japanese hence even with Google translate I cannot be sure the auto box has had the oil changed.

I've been to a local indy garage for a price but before he quoted he asked me to check the service history.

What ball park figure should I expect for the oil change?

Thanks

I understand from a Japanese friend that the reason that Jap cars are commonly exported is because after 3 years they need a total strip and rebuild for road test fitness. This can cost more than the vehicle is worth so perfectly good cars get exported. Assuming your car is at least 10 years old it must have been run by a rich Japanese enthusiast, and probably well looked after. Foreign cars there are mega bucks.
My mate runs an 80s Audi Quattro that costs him an absolute fortune every few years.

The government road tests was also confirmed by the car dealer who regularly import from Japan auction's because of the quality and general upkeep.

My car to me is unbelievable for a 58 plate.
Yes it's only got 56k on the clock but when I looked under the arches etc.. I doubt the car has ever seen a salty road or winter weather.
bb14b8b1dd148be6e2132aca50f4cfa0.jpg
be6db1e14493fb56a87b02d98ead3a19.jpg
47a27dd1cd2ed5f8c4490b1da88217c0.jpg
6b2c018287f4543fc2311760a9ee49a2.jpg

Looks great. Time to waxoil all the brake lines and exposed suspension before the winter[emoji1303]

I’ve just had my 350SL gearbox fully serviced plus new electrical connector. fitted by a local independent for £181

I’ve just had my 350SL gearbox fully serviced plus new electrical connector. fitted by a local independent for £181

That sounds well cheap. Not far off the cost of the parts. Was the torque converter drained along with a flush out of the lines?

To be honest I’m not sure whether the flush was done but as the car has only done 9500 miles I’m satisfied with the service.
The company come well recommended locally being MB fully trained. They replaced the leaking electrical connector which pre emptied the service as I was going to wait until the spring.

I paid £200 at PCS last inclusive of VAT and this included a Torque Converter drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom