S211 Audio 20 does it use fiber optic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atitudejim

Car
Mercedes S211 E280 Cdi
Hi i bought a few months ago a late 2005 E280cdi avantgarde S211 and it comes with a audio 20 unit, doesnt have the cd changer and doesnt also have the phone craddle, so quite basic spec , im planning to change the headunit as cant play recorded cds and wont be spending a fortune to get a dension unit just to use ipod, so rather get a aftermarket unit, i was just wondering if my model uses fiber optic system as many units are not fiber optic compatible.... is there a way to check whithout pulling out the unit itself?

thanks in advance

If you do not have
Phone system
CDC
Cassette player in the Audio-20
Harmon Kardon sound system

then your system does not use Fibre optic.

R

One note of importance, The W211 Audio-20 (CD version) has a Quadlock connector on the back. This is not pinned as the standard quad lock on newer/VW/etc/etc cars - power connections are in a different place and so are speakers.

So you need to get a specific ISO adapter for that car to connect it to an aftermarket head unit

R

And worth buying one that is a steering wheel control adpater, this gives you the conversion of can bus turn on for ignition, will also give you illumination and speed pulse (may as well go double din nav) and of course steering wheel controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom