S211 boot won't lock shut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonykirt72

Car
Mercedes E320 cdi sport
On my s211 E320 went to close boot earlier, pressed button and it closes ok but instead of pulling last bit closed and locking it just opens again, closing by hand it won't lock down either, it did make a funny clicking kind of sound when it opened, any suggestions what problem could be? Cheers

Is there anyway I can get the boot to stay shut till I get chance to look at it properly, its just banging about at mo pushed to

You could try locking with the metal key blade as illustrated below.
Its for a saloon but it may work on an estate?

Dec

2uqg3tf.jpg

Did look earlier for key lock but couldn't see one, will have another look later

Just had another look and it is pulling tight when it closes but instead of then locking it just opens itself again???

On my s211 E320 went to close boot earlier, pressed button and it closes ok but instead of pulling last bit closed and locking it just opens again, closing by hand it won't lock down either, it did make a funny clicking kind of sound when it opened, any suggestions what problem could be? Cheers

I had something similar on mine. Ended up having to get a new electric lock assembly fitted.

If I open the boot lid half way then pull handle to open it I get a kinda crunching sound from lock as boot opens, guessing that isn't normal and will have to replace lock, can't imagine anything else would stop it actually locking

If I open the boot lid half way then pull handle to open it I get a kinda crunching sound from lock as boot opens, guessing that isn't normal and will have to replace lock, can't imagine anything else would stop it actually locking

Mine didn't do that - it just randomly stopped locking on more and more occasions. Tried all sorts of things and suspected it might have been the loom but it was the lock.

It was 12 years old and on 147k at the time.

So they do fail.

(although mine is the only one I'd heard of at the time)

Could anyone confirm if theirs makes any sort of strange noise if you press the open button when boot is half open just so I can be sure before ordering new lock, much appreciated thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom