S211 Cruise Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AntMB

Car
Mercedes E270 Estate and VW Golf
I've never seen these yellow segments ever before, a web search doesn't bring anything up. Does anyone here know what this means?

Cruise control appears to be working normally, but just the segments appear different with the addition of the yellow segments.

IMAG5823.jpg

Isn’t that because you’re in manual mode?

Manual gears? No, it was doing that from the off in Drive mode.

My w212 shows the same yellow gauge. I don't know the purpose, but it tracks the speed needle. You can of course look at the speed needle right next to it, so totally redundant in my view (unless someone is going to be able to explain any useful function for it?).

I haven't used the speed limiter function, but maybe it display the speed limiter? So if you are driving under the set limit, rather than with cruise control, it shows you exactly where the limit is.

I've used the limiter before and it never used to show like this. The reason I set the cruise today is that the white segment decided to display across the whole speedo, with nothing set, so I wondered what would happen if I did set it.

Cluster shows '3', which means it is on tip tronic (or 'M'). But I never seen gauge behaviing like that...

Yes, I am aware of what it means. I had set it purposely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom