S211 E280 CDI - My New Family Whip/Workhorse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely, I do like a nice w211 :cool:
They have something about them...especially the Sport models ! Facelift definitely helps

@Gollom keep in touch mate. I am very fussy about this car, I've never seen service history like that came with the car...exceptionally well maintained. I got lucky. I keep hankering for a GL or ML but I'm unsure. The S211 is in such fine fettle both mechanically and the bodywork is great...It's hard to know what to step into next
I had an ML for a while and whilst it was nice enough, in no way was it as good as the S211 - they are timeless and just "right"

Of course, I should be saying get an ML and lose the S211...... :banana::banana:

I had an ML for a while and whilst it was nice enough, in no way was it as good as the S211 - they are timeless and just "right"

Of course, I should be saying get an ML and lose the S211...... :banana::banana:
Interesting to know. What didn't you like? What year of ML was it? A 350?

Interesting to know. What didn't you like? What year of ML was it? A 350?
Can't remember year, but it was pre-facelift. Capable enough but IMHO was just sorta "industrial", especially coming from the E-class

Can't remember year, but it was pre-facelift. Capable enough but IMHO was just sorta "industrial", especially coming from the E-class
Maybe I just need a nice s212

Did you sell your CLS?.....I don't see it on AT anymore.....

A strong possiblity I will be moving the Estate on within the next 4-6 weeks if the stars align with a potential new purchase.

Pm me if you are interested.
Its a superb car with a huge/detailed file of paperwork and Full Service History. I am the 3rd owner, and owner 2 who I bought it from did approx 150k in the car having had it maintained by the excellent MB Tech of Warrington during his tenture !

Regards

Lenny

Last edited:
Stars didn't align on the next purchase 😕
So the trusty S211 lives on...

Winter prepped and cleaned it last Tuesday with a coat of nice wax..and then drove straight to grab a wardrobe for the kids 😅😅😅
Dam, these cars are so versatile!!

Attachments

• 20231121_203251.jpg
    20231121_203251.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Winter prepped and cleaned it last Tuesday with a coat of nice wax..and then drove straight to grab a wardrobe for the kids 😅😅😅
God that looks good and shiny !

Thanks @W1ghty. It's pretty dam babied...Silver is hard to get a good finish from in fairness.
I used Infinity Wax winter wax after a full chemical pre wash abd decontamination of the paint

I recently bought an S212 to replace my old S211. My wife just fancied a tech upgrade, Bluetooth streaming and all that. I may have made an error selling the old 211 to my neighbour. He won’t stop banging on about how great it is at every opportunity, and if I’m honest it looks bloody fantastic every time I see him coming up the road. Or going down. Front or back, it’s a handsome beast. Is there such a thing as seller’s remorse? 🤣

@Jobsworth 100%
I've sold the 55 and have no remorse, however there is something that sucks me in with the S211.
In fairness, I've no clue if what I want to replace it with will be anywhere near as good as an all rounder...suppose there ks one way to find out eh!?

I do like those wheels on this model (estate or saloon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom