S211 E280 CDI - My New Family Whip/Workhorse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport

Hello All

It's been a long time since I posed anything here re my fleet.
So after 4.5 years of CLS55 ownership as my sole car, I decided to park her up for a while with the recent news that 'Baby Lenny' will be here April 2021. My wife drives Cooper S convertible, so we needed something with some extra space.
The CLS is a car I've invested a lot of time and money into over the years, and it would cripple me to sell it...so it's new home for the immediate future is below.
It's safe, in a dry well ventilated unit and I left it in before hibernation for a full check over, brake pipes waxoyled etc :)

maz5rxj.jpg

h3PmDuE.jpg

CxnRhz3.jpg

tpjykIu.jpg

fWNDiVQ

Enter my search for a new car. I've always loved the S211 estates, especially in silver. I wanted a 320 CDI. I initially had looked at the I6 pre facelift model, after some searching it was proving hard to find one with decent history. I became open to the newer facelift model, a little nervous about the woes of oil cooler leaks and DPF's.
My friend and I were travelling to Bristol in Mid October to pick up a new car for him from a dealership there, so I was searching daily to see if i could piggy back on the trip and find something suitable to take home for myself.
I spotted this 07 E280 CDI on Facebook marketplace. It was a 20 minute detour from our route Bristol to Holyhead. I really wanted the E320 though, but the advert seemed to suggest it was well looked after and same owner from 10k Miles, now sitting at 180k :O
A lengthy phone call later with the owner, it was offered up as a very well maintained car and a motor mile muncher. We took the detour the following day on our route home to look....and she was mine.

The car has 180k, has been owned by the same gentleman since 10k miles and has been fastidiously maintained by MB Tech of Warrington. The condition and paper work were amazing, the folder has over 13k of receipts and it has genuinely been cared for with no expense spared.
It drives like a dream and I am loving it.

After the long drive home, I entrusted the car with a friend of mine who does detailing from his house, got him to complete a few bits and bobs to tidy up the car and had the arches protected for winter.

Mechanically it is superb, it is not due another service for 9k miles but for peace of mind I had my mechanic do a few bits and bobs = Oil Filter service with Gen MB oil/filter , New turbo intake seal, New Gen MB Pressure Control Valve (PCV) and a new turbo outlet pipe seal.

What a belter of a car :D

fZvfyrP.jpeg

KPgysbF.jpeg

OQRxgTy.jpeg

bOuvUsE.jpeg

FCl2O2X.jpeg

gKVHuiq.jpeg

KmfNSES.jpeg

gv1OWs9.jpeg

nhSycK5.jpeg

jJJ3V4O.jpeg

pnIIZUM.jpeg

lXhVXp4.jpeg

rhn9DjQ.jpeg

zPEp9Dn.jpeg

Last edited:
@Abb Thanks mate for the welcome back, hope you are good. How is that w202 C43?? Thanks for the wishes with the new arrival mate :D

Reactions: Abb
@Abb Thanks mate for the welcome back, hope you are good. How is that w202 C43?? Thanks for the wishes with the new arrival mate :D
All good thanks pal, as is the C43, all tucked away until next year! Your new wagon looks amazingly good for its age and miles. The led bulbs and pressed plates freshen it up nicely. :thumb:

Looks like it was meant to be for you, a car as described, advertised on FB of all places, and only a 20 min detour of your original journey! Make sure you put the lotto on next week! ;)

All good thanks pal, as is the C43, all tucked away until next year! Your new wagon looks amazingly good for its age and miles. The led bulbs and pressed plates freshen it up nicely. :thumb:

Looks like it was meant to be for you, a car as described, advertised on FB of all places, and only a 20 min detour of your original journey! Make sure you put the lotto on next week! ;)
LOL If only

Is the c43 finished? Have you a thread here? Would love to see...Glad you noticed the plates and LED number plate bulbs...I actually repalced the entire lighting units...rather than just put in those bulbs. You get a much better and more reliable light as a result ;)

LOL If only

Is the c43 finished? Have you a thread here? Would love to see...Glad you noticed the plates and LED number plate bulbs...I actually repalced the entire lighting units...rather than just put in those bulbs. You get a much better and more reliable light as a result ;)
Will the 43 ever be finished? 😂 You will wish you never asked ;) enjoy......

Fancy seeing you here mate haha.

Both cars look lovely mate, nice to see the CLS tucked up safe and sound. The E really does look good, incredible to think it's got 180k as it's in great condition.

Very nice! I am looking for an S211 but ideally a 320. How do you find the 280? I guess it could always be remapped but im sure its plenty for most driving situations. I had a CLK 270 which i loved and the lazy big diesel / auto combination but really need an estate for bikes and camping stuff.

Congratulations that looks delicious…
Mines on about 190k & in the same colour & same alloys…

Mine is in nowhere as nice condition as yours but does drive beautifully (spent all the £££’s on that) but you like me have bought the car in the fastest colour so well done🌟🌟🌟

You’ll never be short of space on airport runs & tidy tip runs are a breeze😱

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 8
You’ll never be short of space on airport runs & tidy tip runs are a breeze😱
To be fair the RR is used more for the tidy tip run…It’s always parked in front so convenient…
1st world problems but nice option to have…

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 6
@Gollom keep in touch mate. I am very fussy about this car, I've never seen service history like that came with the car...exceptionally well maintained. I got lucky. I keep hankering for a GL or ML but I'm unsure. The S211 is in such fine fettle both mechanically and the bodywork is great...It's hard to know what to step into next

Lovely, I do like a nice w211 :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom