S211 E280 vibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fagerdaal

Car
Mercedes-Benz E220CDI
Hi!

I noticed some weeks ago that i had a vibration in my E280 when i had attached a trailer. After a while this vibration came back whitout the trailer attached, and it comes and go within 3 seconds intervall.

On saturday i chsnges to summertired to chfck if the wintertires was making this, and it become better, but i can still feel a weak vibration in the car. When i attached the trailer with the summertires on, the vibration still there.

The vibration comes from 60km/h and up, but maybe in some lower speed, since its difficult to notice it.

Where do i start to look? Some tips?

It could be a torque converter judder. If it transpired when under load firstly then it could a torque converter. Other items can be, propshaft, wheels, tyres etc etc etc.

Could add to it that it's the same if the car just roll down a hill, or if i put it in neutral, if it matter.

And, it just feel like it is a tire or a rim that make it, it's exactly the same, but after i changed to summertires, i concluded that it's not the tires/rims.

I'd be looking at the propshaft bearing then. Are your engine mounts ok?

Haven't checked the engine mounts. What is the best way to check them? I'm renovating a hous at the moment, buy realise that i have to work on the car some days now, since it started falling apart..😩

If they are very worn the fluid comes out of them and leaves a brown stain around the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom