S211 e320 CDI god dam kangaroo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bomberro7

Car
Mercedes e220
Brought the car not too long ago! Absolutely love it but after having intercooler changed under warranty. It's now starting to kangaroo when on full throttle. I've checked the paper work and it's had the electronic turbo actuator repaired and replaced back in 2013 is there any other issues that could be?

Get the codes read first, there should be some stored faults

Ok awesome cheers il get on it and tell you the outcome

Sounds similar to what I have experienced at times with mine, does it happen more often when the engine is cold and you attempt to accelerate? Some have said WD40 the actuator arm which I periodically do on mine and its be fine ever since.

My advice would be to also check your main turbo seal and ensure it isn't letting oil escape onto the inlet port shut off motor underneath, you can easily check this by taking a torch and shining it under the inlet where it enters the turbo, if there is any oily dirt / grit on any of the components under there you can bet the seal is leaking oil, it won't lead to the issue your experiencing but can cause the inlet port shutoff motor to fail needing replacement.

Thanks guys got it plugged in today with a (not so trusty) snap on fault reader and no error codes. Yeah it happens when cold but not all the time and after its been parked up for 40 min or so. Gareth what did u do with the actuator arm just change it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom