s211 E320cdi AG Estate - MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IceBoy

Car
C200cdi W204 auto Elegance
Hi All,

Just wanted to know your real life opinons on the I6 engine as above and the MPG you get.

I have covered 1000 mile in my new (53-reg) car now, after sorting all the problems I had and have the following to report:

Around town the town the car averages - 28 mpg
On the motorway at around 80 leptons - 38 mpg

I'm not light footed and am fairly impressed with the above figures. Especially when our w203 200cdi was not far off that!

Our w204 200cdi however, is much better.

Overal, great engine, good built quality and the toys I have keep a smile on my face!

Oh....the torque is adictive!
IceBoy

Sounds about right. If you want to extend the MPG...a steady foot and steady speed on motorways will see into the mid 40s.

Your figures are in line with what got from my IL6 S210 which was an overall average of about 36 mpg.

By comparison my S211 V6 has averaged 33.9 mpg over about 15000 miles since January.

Must admit I had not expected worse figures from a car 8 years younger with only slightly more power.

Mercator said:
Your figures are in line with what got from my IL6 S210 which was an overall average of about 36 mpg.

By comparison my S211 V6 has averaged 33.9 mpg over about 15000 miles since January.

Must admit I had not expected worse figures from a car 8 years younger with only slightly more power.

Blame more emissions control tech on that.

Both of those figures are worse than an E300 TD, which is supposed to be less efficient and under-geared.

Higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom