S211 E320cdi brakes discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddcomp

Car
E320CDI Avantgarde Estate S211
I'm planning on replacing discs and pads all round on my E320cdi Avantgarde estate 2007 model. Looking online at the usual parts suppliers, ECP and CP4less, even entering the reg comes up with a multitude of parts.
I thought it would be Sport brakes or not. Some say for Sports suspension models under discs, but then nothing under pads.
How do I determine the correct parts without measuring the current fitted ones?

Just buy original from the dealer like I did a few weeks ago . You will save no more than £40 from Euro. I would rather have the originals.

Buy from you local main dealer and ask for discount.

my local garage fitted aftermarket stuff, normally good quality and ive got to saynthe brakes are pants co pared to oe pads plus discs.

oe wasnt much more than most stuff from ecp etc

Another shout here for main dealer. I got new discs and pads for my CLS from the main dealer, worked out to be cheaper than ECP after discount. All you need to do is ask!

How do I get main dealer discount, is there a forum code?

Just ask the parts department, my local dealer automatically gives 10% off parts and 40% of labour (with additional 5% on parts they fit) once Merc is over 6 years old. (Basingstoke Merc). sometimes just asking of they can do any better as your not sure original is worth it and they can discount a bit more. i have found the prices i buy from dealer to be very close to a reasonable brand OEM. Some dealers advertise online for parts as others have stated and they can be cheaper
I buy the pads / disks and have local mechanic in tyre place fit them usually for 1 hours labour keeps costs very reasonable.

Try brakes international for a cross reference .

+1 on OEM as parts man (or lady) always gives up to 20% anyway.

I have yet to get the wrong part too.

I recently made the mistake of buying aftermarket front brake pads which thankfully were the wrong ones anyway. Ordered the correct ones which the Mercedes dealer dropped off locally on a daily run for £15 more. The difference in quality between the aftermarket wrong ones and correct OEM ones was very noticeable. I wont buy aftermarket again unless it is possibly a windscreen.

Last edited:
Get pagit from Eurocarparts as very good .come with paint coating as oe and I saved well over £200 on main dealer prices. Mine stops on a 6 pence

Ok tried the MB dealer, £363 incl VAT for 4x discs and pads reduced to £345 as max discounted price.
Carparts4less are £186 incl VAT delivered less 2x 15% discount for over £100 orders. This is for Brembo discs and pads with fittings and sensors.

Still need to remove a front wheel to confirm pad size as no one seems to know the answer.

With a none SBC car I'm happy doing the work, estimate an hour per corner?

Paddcomp said:
Ok tried the MB dealer, £363 incl VAT for 4x discs and pads reduced to £345 as max discounted price. Carparts4less are £186 incl VAT delivered less 2x 15% discount for over £100 orders. This is for Brembo discs and pads with fittings and sensors. Still need to remove a front wheel to confirm pad size as no one seems to know the answer. With a none SBC car I'm happy doing the work, estimate an hour per corner?

Email Mb Southend for a price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/151984687806

The difference is clear if you look at the disc on the car

The fronts ATE style caliper, NON sports, Disc will be 295mm vented Lucas Part DF4261 pad Part GDB1542
Fronts Non Sport Brembo (bolt through) type caliper Disc 312mm vented Part DF4264 pad Part GDB1543
Fronts (sports pack) drilled disc Brembo caliper Disc 330mm vented DF6433S X2 pad Part GDB1543

The Rears difference is wether its a Solid or vented disc

Vented 300mm DF4270 pad GDB1546

Solid 300mm DF4263 pad GDB1546

Last edited:
Hello Paddcomp,

I am from ECP and I can help you replace your discs and pads.
I am equipped with an advanced system that allows me to check the exact part you need. Please send me your reg number so I an have a look on my system.

Regards
Seyi

Thanks Seyi
I've ordered from CP4less arriving Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom