S211 E320cdi est AG-Odd SBC Squeak??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnny-P

Car
2016 GLE 250d 4MATIC AMG Line
Hi all..
Got an odd one here and i hope someone has had similar and its not terminal...
Right...I have a 2004 S211 E320cdi AG est..
In May this year i had a brake warning light come up on the dash and booked it into my local indy to have the front pads changed as they were an advisory on the previous service..
Once he had it plugged into STAR it became apparent that the fault was the SBC pump had reached the end of its service life..I had the pads changed anyway as it was on the ramps and would need doing soon..The SBC pump replaced by the main dealer in cambridge FOC-for once i have not a bad word to say about a main dealer they were great and did it with no quibbles:):)
Now back to a couple of weeks ago,i kept hearing a squeak coming from the front end everytime i braked and an intermittent shuddering through the steering wheel,somethimes worse than others???
I flipped the bonnet and pressed the brake pedal and a squeak(like air being expelled) came from the SBC pump???
So i took it to my indy and he drove it and said probably warped discs and maybe an airlock in the system causing the noise??
Anyway i booked it into the main dealer as they were the ones to fit the pump-low and behold the squeak stopped before they got it..they put it on STAR and did a full brake check and found no fault with the pump at all-i must say there has been no deterioration in braking power ...
A week on the squeak is back and the vibration is still the same..
Any of you techies know whats going on as i havent a clue:doh:
Thanks in advance
John...

I am getting the same thing!! Felt like a warped disc, so replaced front discs, & pad's, but this did not resolve the problem. My indy got his hands on it, & said the drivers side front is working at 50% of the other side - an MOT fail!!!. He clamped up the brake line to that caliper, & the brakes felt normal again, so at the moment, its looking like an SBC pump not feeding the front drivers side the amount of fluid it needs. My car is a 53, S211 270CDI, so praying Mercs will replace FOC.

Worrying to hear that you still not sorted, even with pump replaced!!

Will let u know how I get on.

Regards

One member of the Finnish MB forum reported nearly similar behavior, hydraulic accumulator of the SBC was gone bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom