S211 E500 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I'll be interested to see how this gets on. It's a Japanese market import they've been trying to sell at £9-10K for must be best part of a year now (and still are; oops....).

Stupid to import a LHD car in the first place, no wonder they can't shift it. Might not be tons of e500's but they're not that rare. They must have got it really cheap or why bother. Can't see it fetching much.

Quite a nice looking car, if you tour Europe a lot or are hoping to then this might be worth buying. Maybe sell it there too. Got a few bids though and at £4k

£7k. I'd not have paid that for a LHD Japanese import needing a European head unit, but possibly somebody wanted it to use on the Continent.

Headed for the Netherlands, Spain, or France, I'd guess. But I share your reservations about Japanese head unit, history etc etc.

(When we see private bidder auctions, is it a sign of shill bidding?)

There's also this LHD S211 E500 on AT that has been previously advertised.

This actually looks as though it could be decent and promises to have been maintained well, too.

Optimistic price. The one I posted, on less than a third of the mileage, went for only £500 more...

I agree with you there, but there aren't too many honest and well maintained examples about, so the values may start to turn as the quality starts to endure.

This is a new one...

Facelift without the 5.5L engine, green and very highly specified. The MOT history is reasonable too.

Every day's a school day - I thought all the facelifts were 5.5's.

Great spec on that plus a lot of recent work - plugs, gbox, "front suspension" (I assume ball joints) & Airmatic bags.

Like the colour too.

Decent.

This isn't an E500. It's an oil burner. Non-ULEZ compliant etc.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 11.03.22.png

Last edited:
Curious ! I stand corrected.

Odd that the Government's MoT recording system is out of synch with its tax record system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom