s211 e500's on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChipChop

MB Enthusiast
Car
S210 320cdi w201 190d 2.5
Couple of V8 estates on ebay. One high mileage the other low mileage.

The first one: " Getting very rare now - especially in this condition". I presume he means the interior hasn't been cleaned for years? It will be interesting to see what it fetches, but I won't be bidding.

The second one: Sloppy ad. It's not an AMG; it's not 325 bhp; it doesn't have a 'comfort exhaust' (whatever that is. Do young yobknobs fit discomfort exhausts to their manky little modified hatchbacks?).

Is it actually black? From that first picture, it just could be that very dark green-black where the green only really comes out in sunlight. The COMAND unit could do with a clean and some silicone spray; I wonder what the rest of the interior is like.

TV tuner may be a rare option on these; I've had seven, all with COMAND, and none of them have had it so far as I recall. Mind you, unless it can receive digital TV it's useless anyway.

I quite like the blue one I have to say, rare I. Elegance trim and I like the wheels, understated

I quite like the blue one I have to say, rare I. Elegance trim and I like the wheels, understated
Does need a damn good clean though like E55BOF says. I dare say needs brake pads also translates as discs as well. Lovely old thing though overall.

Is it actually black? From that first picture, it just could be that very dark green-black where the green only really comes out in sunlight.

My thoughts too. Additionally, it seems to have an 'engine start' button embedded within the gear knob, which strikes me as unusual.

He's correct about the heated/cooled centre console, however!

The elegance interior on the other doesn't do it for me at all. The contrast between wood and leather is too 'Lexus'.

I think those are Yilduz wheels. They're not my cup of tea at all; see the first couple of pics in this thread:

S211 - Changed the Wheels - Better? | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

for something much better. I think the Yilduz were intended to remind elderly buyers of MB wheels of (long, even in 2003) bygone days.

The blue one looks good outside, but the black interior isn't to my taste these days, and the orangey wood doesn't do it any favours either.

That's not an engine start button in the gear lever top, it's a matching wooden insert.

Last edited:
Absolutely definitely Yilduz wheels: the standard spec for an E500 Elegance.

Very much of their time. I liked them when they were on mine, but mine were immaculate and "mint rimmed."

In other news:

High level negotiations continue regarding the possible sale of my silver S212 E500 on 30k miles,

following the likely cancellation of my Winter 2020/21 European travels due to French and British shenanigans.

To be continued......

Very Merc years ago...

Yes, I've sold the Yilduz wheels, on eBay. They went to another S211 owner who wanted them to put his winter tyres on, for peanuts, but they were in the way and I was glad to see the back of them. I just don't like 'fussy' wheels; simple five-spokes float my boat best.

In other news:

High level negotiations continue regarding the possible sale of my silver S212 E500 on 30k miles,

following the likely cancellation of my Winter 2020/21 European travels due to French and British shenanigans.

To be continued......

Where have you advertised it and... when did you get a CL?

Not yet advertised - have spent the weekend pondering cancellation of two long European trips this winter, "what with one thing and another."

CL is supposed to be my personal runabout, not the family / bikes / European car.

Flipping coins at the moment. Could go either way.

After so long hunting for one. Have you scratched the itch now?

Surely it deserves one long trip experience during your ownership?

After so long hunting for one. Have you scratched the itch now?
Surely it deserves one long trip experience during your ownership?

Precisely. It has done Scotland, but that's 'short haul.'

Have a word with Monsieur Le President for me, will you?

Macron-wearing-a-mask-at-the-Tour-de-France.png

If I were going for a gass guzzler then rather than the E500, it would have to be a 'proper' AMG and not a 5ltr car dressed up as the ultimate E-class estate.

My comments most definitely do not apply to that E-class Elegance but for me the Elegance is an odd choice. I say this because we all know the Avantgarde comes with skirts etc which seem the correct options for a muscle car :) .

If I were going for a gass guzzler then rather than the E500, it would have to be a 'proper' AMG and not a 5ltr car dressed up as the ultimate E-class estate.

My comments most definitely do not apply to that E-class Elegance but for me the Elegance is an odd choice. I say this because we all know the Avantgarde comes with skirts etc which seem the correct options for a muscle car :) .

Blimey, I'd say that yours is an unusual point of view. My pre-facelift avantgarde isn't styled like an AMG at all; besides, the entry point for an AMG is far higher that that for the E500, so I presume that we're talking about the hypothetical money tree which grows in the gardens of all car lovers? :)

Know what you mean, and the beige interior caps it.
But that's an excellent car for the Jaaaag owner, looking for a more traditional wood and beige. Sort of chap who used to have a Daimler but now needs space to put the Labrador / antiques / wife in the back.
Although the Labrador will get a surprise when he floors it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom