s211 e500's on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the Parker's valuation for Mike's S212, for comparison?

A little less than the latest asking price, to allow for the inevitable haggling. I'd ask much the same if I were selling it.

I forgot to add two caveats to that. One is that the W212 E500 is so rare that valuing them is a bit like answering the question "How long is a piece of string?" The other is that other valuations are available, and based on past experience, I suspect Cazana would be up around the £18K mark.

That's interesting. Yes, the S211s all had rear air springs, but unless you have full Airmatic there is no means of varying the front suspension height.

The option code for full Airmatic (like my 2003 - late 2003 reg, 804 MY build) is 489, and with that there's no 'lowered' setting for the suspension, just normal and raised. The button you refer to as for 'comfort' mode is I think to select the gearbox mode (C or S); it doesn't affect the suspension. However, there are three spring stiffness adjustments, and in the stiffest (Sport II) the car drops by 15mm all round, so that is effectively a lowered mode.

Page 250 of my Owner's Manual doesn't deal with the suspension, though, so it may well be that later Airmatic cars (805 build onwards) than mine had a third, lowered, suspension height mode. ISTR that some of my others may have had, but I've had so many (seven in all) that my previous six all rather blur into one.
C/S - Comfort or Standard (a lot thought it meant Sport) were the gearbox settings only. Comfort sets off in second gear.

All non-AMG estates had rear SLS as standard.

Avantgarde “Sport” suspension meant it sat noticeably lower than the Elegance.

The W/S211 AMG Airmatic used different struts to the other W/S211’s with Airmatic.

I forgot to add two caveats to that. One is that the W212 E500 is so rare that valuing them is a bit like answering the question "How long is a piece of string?" The other is that other valuations are available, and based on past experience, I suspect Cazana would be up around the £18K mark.
I agree re the pricing of the S211 E500...the price does seem a couple of grand too much.
There's an E55 (on autotrader) that's only £550 and seems more sensibly priced. It's older and has done more miles and is a quite different beast, to the 500. But still.....

The E500 seller is asking close to decent E55 money. If it was close by, I'd go and see it just to find out what the service history shows has actually been done, but he's fifty miles away, and that's too far to go 'on spec'.

In the past I've found Parkers valuations quite accurate. You can't argue with stupid people who Know What It's Worth, though, so I didn't bother. He may find a mug, and if so, good luck to him.

Parkers' valuations are a start point for valuing a car that's a decade old, but there can be huge variation in condition.

In my failed search for a 2007 SL500 5.5 that wasn't silver, I saw two SL's which on paper looked exactly the same on 60k miles. One was an immaculate garage queen that had been serviced every year and drove perfectly. The other hadn't been serviced regularly, drove like an old pram, with rattles and creaks from all corners, and was in a shocking cosmetic condition, having been parked outside,

According to Parker, those two vehicles had the same value.

Can't help thinking that the seller of the car in post 16 lives in Cloud Cuckoo Land or has been drinking; the Parkers valuation for that car is just under £5k. The MoT history is OK; not brilliant, but nothing too serious.

I've spoken to the owner; he says there's a full, stamped up, service history to 2017, when he got it, but he never bothered to get the book stamped up, though he has some invoices. Apart from servicing, the only thing he's had done to it was a new Airmatic pump.

I told him what it was valued at; he'd rather keep it than sell it for that, it's worth a lot more, that's only my opinion. No point arguing, so I wished him luck and left it at that.

I'm out.
In this modern age of computers, then any service carried out by a main dealer would be on record.

To highlight this, if we ever need mobilo, we simply give the operator the registered number of our vehicle and they very quickly confirm the date of the last service.

Fair price I'd say, but those black wheels and those red calipers? :doh:

Ludicrous price, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a mug. Very nice car indeed, though

The E500 seller is asking close to decent E55 money. If it was close by, I'd go and see it just to find out what the service history shows has actually been done, but he's fifty miles away, and that's too far to go 'on spec'.

In the past I've found Parkers valuations quite accurate. You can't argue with stupid people who Know What It's Worth, though, so I didn't bother. He may find a mug, and if so, good luck to him.
Remarkably, the black S211 E500 from a private seller in Coulsdon is still on sale at the same £9,950. How much must it cost to keep it on Autotrader for 9 months!?

As an alternative I rather like this one from a dealer for £7,995.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...=price-desc&page=2&include-delivery-option=on

The Coulsdon one is in dark blue, which is what attacted me to it. I actually contacted the owner to discuss the price, but he Knew What It Was Worth. You waste your time arguing with people like that, so I didn't, but I'd have thought the penny would have dropped by now.

Remarkably, the black S211 E500 from a private seller in Coulsdon is still on sale at the same £9,950. How much must it cost to keep it on Autotrader for 9 months!?
Now sold?
It actually doesn't cost THAT much more to have a never ending ad on AT. £80 from recollection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom