S211 E55 blue 1 owner 39k miles -hell of a price tag for a LHD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really dreaming. It's a nice car with 30,000 miles and lhd are always worth more in the UK. Somebody will buy that.

Not really dreaming. It's a nice car with 30,000 miles and lhd are always worth more in the UK. Somebody will buy that.

Not sure I'd agree a lhd car is worth more:dk:

Way overpriced is my opinion and the owner will be fortunate to get £15k

To be honest - at that age, 30,000 or 80,000 miles - doesn't really matter.

I don't understand why a low mileage car at this level is worth any more.

Things still age and go wrong potentially...

I'd be wondering if it did short bursts of long runs or vice versa!

I'd also be surprised if the seller sees £15k from it.

LHD not worth more to me than RHD.

Why would LHD be worth more here?

I would buy a LHD. But personally unless it was a car that really is not available in RHD I would want to be paying 10-20% less than RHD

I spotted this last night, definitely chancing their arm IMHO and I'd agree they will be lucky to get 15k. I for one wouldn't buy LHD in the UK.

Driving LHD here is a bit of a mare. I agree - if not available in RHD is one thing, or even a rarer/exotic. But a Mercedes like this no way. It's value is Euro value less expenses, bit off for wrong speedo if applicable etc plus shipping and aggro I think.

€20k euros in mainland Europe maybe ! Agree ,£15k max in the UK Nice car though .

I used to own a Fiat Barchetta and found LHD in the UK less of a pain than I imagined. I even used to enjoy it in a perverse kind of way as it made you think about your line all the time and made you really concentrate on your driving. It helped that the Barchetta was a joy to drive anyway, you'd never imagine that it's basically a humble Fiat Punto underneath.

Barchettas are LHD only, if you discount the handful of RHD conversions (they are dimly regarded amongst the community and fetch far less than the LHD equivalent).

Cheers,

Gaz

I just think for the price you can get a lovely facelift S211 E63 with 70-80k.

I know which I would rather have

There's no doubt L/H/D is worth more to the right person, plus low mileage & one owner all increase it's value over a run of the mill 55. It's still expensive. Then again try finding the same car in Germany, I reckon a private seller would want €20k easy.

I suppose a UK resident that travels to Europe quite a bit might be up for it.

I suppose a UK resident that travels to Europe quite a bit might be up for it.

Spot on.

Just like there's many U.K. registered trucks that are left hookers for the exact same reason.

I fancy a Ferrari at the moment and been looking in Europe ... Still too pricey unfortunately but would pop for the right car. There is a LHD white Mondial in UK but need it cheaper ... Would at the right price.

Mondial & White should in theory make it a 'cheap' Ferrari, no?

A bubble has occurred in the classic car market and it's dragged a few less desirable models along with it on it's coat tails.

I was after a particular car which I've discovered has trebled in value in the last three years. So I've decided to sit this one out and see what happens when the UK Bond market bubble bursts, interest rates increase and the investor money moves elsewhere.

It's £25k ... Too much I think.

I like unusual though ... Having said that a Ferrari needs to be red. As comment below yours mentions cash in the bank does nothing but I want to be able to get out of it easy if needed.
Also at same time they do seem to be going up in value so happy to stick it away.

A bubble has occurred in the classic car market and it's dragged a few less desirable models along with it on it's coat tails.

I was after a particular car which I've discovered has trebled in value in the last three years. So I've decided to sit this one out and see what happens when the UK Bond market bubble bursts, interest rates increase and the investor money moves elsewhere.

I don't think it's the bubble of the late 80's. Possibly it's not a bubble at all. There's a far bigger market for classics now than there ever was and less cars too go around. Also, as time goes on more of these classics become eligible for classic racing which will automatically adds a premium.

A lot of classics imo were undervalued ten years ago and I'm not talking about the very popular models like 911's, 308's & E30 M3's etc. I don't think either that anybody should have concerns putting say 20-40k in a car now provided they buy to use and enjoy and are willing to spend on upkeep and have a proper storage facility.

I would worry (will never have too) about 'investing' c.100k and up on a classic. There's a balance to struck and there's better investment areas than cars for that sort money from a novice like myself, I reckon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom