S211 E55 is this early signs of crankshaft position sensor fault.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kwan88

Car
Merc
Is this the first signs that the crankshaft position sensor is going? The car had been driven and was parked for 1 hour, on return, when I tried to start it, all I got was the engine turning over. It's the first time it's ever occurred. I quickly turned off the engine and it started as normal.

It had not occurred again and I haven't had time to go and see Terry at WG

Regards.

Most likely. Could be something else but my money would be on the CPS - common fault and the symptoms are typical.

Thanks, as I am heading to the usa, I will get a bosch one from there.

for the sake of not getting stranded may as well change it.

I bought a new CPS in the States (mail order) as I was experiencing similar problem. Ok for a few months then problem re-occurred. The "Bosch" part arrived in Bosch box and all seemed genuine but leaflet in the box was for an injector. Didn't think much of it at the time but have since read that " Chinese" Bosch parts are often supplied like this. Since purchased another CPS from reputable source and no further problems.

Good old Chinese copy anything agree about cs unit very common to fail MB ONLY:thumb:

Went Wayne gates today and I think it's related to the camshaft position sensor. I have the error code attaches. Does anyone have the merc part number.

Attachments

• 20150626_134302.jpg
    20150626_134302.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 18
get a bosch one from a bosch agent - MB one is Bosch but double the price

Thanks had it reset today but after 2 hours it's come back. Not sure if it's the hot day having an affect as well.

Do you have the part number please or is it just a Google search for camshaft sensor?

Regards.

Crap, outside my kids school and the car won't start. Bloody merc. help

When it wont start ,can i ask you to look at the rev counter .As you spin it over .Then do you see any movement at all on the pointer. No movement on the rev counter , then the cam sensor is in need of replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom