s211 e55 - straw poll on the result..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63

so what's this going to finish on, I shall be very interested to see.

Wonder how they know the 211k miles they DIDN'T put on the car were mostly motorway 🤔

Wonder how they know the 211k miles they DIDN'T put on the car were mostly motorway 🤔

They could have asked the previous owner if they bought privately.

Previous owner might know by the same method i.e. asked the previous owner as well and so on.

Rare to see an 06 plate

Not high miles IMO, on a nearly 16 year old car that’s around 13k a year… people need to stop getting so stuck on mileage it actually means very little…a London car would have done 50k but will arguably have far more wear and tear on it from loads of short journeys, speed bumps etc…

They could have asked the previous owner if they bought privately.

Previous owner might know by the same method i.e. asked the previous owner as well and so on.
Potentially.... but also likely not. Or perhaps I'm just too cynical.

Motorway mileage is a useless term tbh.

View the car & judge it on its current condition.

Looks like it need a fair bit spending on it to bring it up to good condition going by the photos.
Not that I'm in the market, but £6k tops is all I'd pay.
I'd expect it to reach £7k+ on eBay such is the craziness of the used car market currently.

Potentially.... but also likely not. Or perhaps I'm just too cynical.

I thought I was cynical!

Thinking these cars have more of an enthusiast following than more standard-issue cars so maybe...

Certainly having done that many miles I would doubt it's done many stop-start journeys cold.

I thought I was cynical!

Thinking these cars have more of an enthusiast following than more standard-issue cars so maybe...

Certainly having done that many miles I would doubt it's done many stop-start journeys cold.

I agree. Just that phrase bugs me a bit. Especially from dealers who mostly don't have a clue how the car's been used by multiple owners. It actually puts me right off a car/advert.

I agree. Just that phrase bugs me a bit. Especially from dealers who mostly don't have a clue how the car's been used by multiple owners. It actually puts me right off a car/advert.

I have two cars over 180k and they've both done lots of short journeys!

Judge on condition, nowadays mileage is not so important; or not so much the most important factor.

It does need plenty of tlc, has some rust and a hole in the seat for starters… still a lot of watchers and bids so I’ll stick me neck out and say £8k+. Pretty rare car and has the “rare” seven seats, as most appear to have.

Pulled now but BIN at 7250 so I assume that was the figure agreed and it went back through ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom