S211 E55K AMG Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lynxxz694

Car
R500 SWB + W211 E500 + ST220 estate + E46 330ci convertible
Good morning,

I like the look of this but have never owned an S211 (I had a C320 CDI in the past).

I know that 2005 bought about some improvements (radiator, electrics etc) and this seems to have had some work done on suspension.

SBC still concerns me but I know that it is not the end of the world.

Any thoughts on this example?

Thank you,

Dan

Mercedes-Benz E Class 5.4 E55 AMG Estate 5dr Petrol Automatic (326 g/km, 476 bhp)

Looks nice and well priced. I can't tell anything else I'm afraid. Worth going to see it I'd say.

If your worried about the cost of a Sbc pump then owning a e55k is not for you, Its a great system imho and i have absolutly no issues doing mine when its due.

Looks a cracking car and it wont be around long at that price.

I was also looking at an E320 CDI (totally different I know) and that was a 2003 and had recently had the SBC done for around £1500.

I guess you go in with eyes wide open for this sort of car but I just can't get myself away from the amazing engine and great spec!

Going to ring him later this morning.

Btw, if you do decide the e320cdi route, mine is for sale in the classified section, and also has a project thread detailing work, Its doesn't require anything at all.

E55's are great, especially in estate form. I had 2 dogs and 5 people in mine and it's safe to say it barely affected how it could launch down the road at any speed. All legal of course.

Personally I'd always advise maybe getting some exhaust work done as it was way too quiet compared to my cls55 which did annoy me.

I like the idea of cruising around in the big old thing and then having the ability to put your foot down and effortlessly pull away with a nice sound track (X pipe, de cat etc).

Is there a simple mod for the exhaust to sound slightly more "V8-esque"?

Last edited:
I was also looking at an E320 CDI (totally different I know) and that was a 2003 and had recently had the SBC done for around £1500..

If you do need to replace the SBC pump at any stage and are prepared to do some leg work sourcing the pump yourself and use an indie, the job can be done for under £1k
It's not as scary as using main dealer and the associated costs.

That original car looks a really good buy if it checks out. 805 build, not mega miles, well specced even for e55. Well worth a look if that's what you want.
I'd have hoped that would be at least 1500 more from a dealer, but then I have a vested interest in prices staying high!

Its gone, deposit taken...are you the new owner:confused:

Good morning,

I like the look of this but have never owned an S211 (I had a C320 CDI in the past).

I know that 2005 bought about some improvements (radiator, electrics etc) and this seems to have had some work done on suspension.

SBC still concerns me but I know that it is not the end of the world.

Any thoughts on this example?

Thank you,

Dan

Mercedes-Benz E Class 5.4 E55 AMG Estate 5dr Petrol Automatic (326 g/km, 476 bhp)

If only!

I was about to pick up the phone and noticed it had a "deposit taken" bit in the advert.

I have called anyway to ask for first refusal and the chap is due to pick it up on Sat.

We shall see if it goes to plan or not!

Interesting price difference - most recent advert on AT taken out 25/07 and the eBay one ending 30/07.

Is that the same car? If it is that makes sense because I rang the eBay seller and he had done a p/x that morning!

Guess so - same colour, year and similar mileage.

Maybe the trader thought the price in the AT advert was more realistic - sounds like he was right.

109k miles is nothing on these if they are looked after.

Double blast - missed the thing twice now!

Third time's the charm!

That's my old car ;)

Looks great, interested to see if someone in here got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom