S211 E55K ESTATE One of my Fav colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Before I clicked on the link Gav, I was really hoping it wasn't cubanite/champagne :eek:😂 It is definitely a colour that would stop me from buying a car! Having said that, I know I am in the minority on that, as white cars also have the same effect on me! ;)

I was expecting Tanzanite 😢

we all have different tastes, I never used to like Brown cars haha I think its allowed now im mid 40's pmsl

"SORRY, THE PRICE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT NEGOTIABLE." Not yet, anyway...

Full Mercedes service history to 100K? Good, but what about the past 40K?

That is a strong price for a 140k mile wagon IMO.
If the sellers of these E55's are getting their asking prices, I more or less gave mine away last year.:doh:

"SORRY, THE PRICE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT NEGOTIABLE." Not yet, anyway...

Full Mercedes service history to 100K? Good, but what about the past 40K?
'Stacks of receipts' so I'm guessing self service? Could be ok if the guy is experienced or could simply be oil and filter changes :dk:

“This car has every conceivable extra”

Just a quick glance shows no distronic or keyless go...🤔

Share your love of the colour Gav.

It's one of my favourites on a few different cars.

Mileage is not bad and to be expected given its age, 140k is only ~8750miles/year

Looks like an honest enough car. The mileage is pretty average, as is the car. As said - ‘every conceivable extra’ is a bit misleading, no distronic or KG as said, can’t see any ventilated seats either - there’s quite a few others available extras not mentioned too ;)

Little things like the broken/missing electric seat button, missing pedal rubber for the parking brake, missing towing eye cover on the rear, grubby engine bay and loose oil filler cap, coupled with the lack of detail regards service history and big ticket items (eg air suspension, brakes etc) doesn’t give the hallmarks of a cherished/enthusiast owned car.

In my opinion it’s a little overpriced for the condition/spec/history etc so the wording of:

‘SORRY, THE PRICE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT NEGOTIABLE.’

Probably won’t help the sale, although I’m not sure there’s a great deal of choice out there at the moment?

Definitely a game of patience if you’re after a nice one of these :)

Was originally on AT for 8.5k. I emailed the chap as someone was using his pics on eBay for a scam listing. He was inundated with enquiries apparently, which may have prompted the price increase. Covid price madness marches on !

I sold my black E55K wagon with 10-15k more miles but higher spec for £6750 a year or so back. Mine had a dual fuel/LPG kit fitted which I think put some people off but also the mileage didn’t help despite these being very durable cars. It did have full service history though and recent air suspension, and was cosmetically very tidy too.

I think this one needs to be nearer £8k and open to realistic offers to secure a sale in that condition with 141k+ miles.

Colour is subject to personal preference but IMHO it’s not the most popular either.

Before I clicked on the link Gav, I was really hoping it wasn't cubanite/champagne :eek:😂 It is definitely a colour that would stop me from buying a car! Having said that, I know I am in the minority on that, as white cars also have the same effect on me! ;)
Obviously personal pref but Cubanite can really grow on you. It has a tendency to look generic old man champagne or mucky braahn in photos but on the right car it can be stunning. It’s a bit chameleon like in the way it looks so different depending on the time day, where it’s parked etc. It went from a turn off to a favourite for me.

Reactions: Abb
Was originally on AT for 8.5k. I emailed the chap as someone was using his pics on eBay for a scam listing. He was inundated with enquiries apparently, which may have prompted the price increase. Covid price madness marches on !
That's what I thought...there was some discussion on PH (and possibly on here) about this Vs a similarly priced S211 E500 with the 5.5 engine.
My car is similar mileage with slightly more of the "fully loaded" options, so I'll be interested to see if it sells...

I've been watching the market for a while on these wagons as I'm looking for one myself. This car came up for sale on eBay back in August. Linky. Sold for £7665.56.

eBay listing mentioned a possible suspension fault, so I reckon it could have been a hasty purchase and then a big bill for the buyer. Probably trying to recoup what he's spent diagnosing and replacing struts/pump etc, hence the readvertisement after 2-months. Or maybe he saw an opportunity to turn it around for a profit.

When it first came up on Autotrader on the 9/10 the seller had it listed at £9k, but seems to have added another £500 on to that a week later. I think if it were FMBSH with a better advert and tidied up a bit then maybe it would get more interest, but at that price it will hang around. In my opinion the eBay sale price was about right.

I don't mind the colour personally. If anyone on here is looking to sell theirs I am looking for a well cared for later model car (200mph clocks) preferably with the rear facing seat option. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom