S211 e55k Lovely!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice, but 113k miles , 2003 and £15k?
Far too dear.

(I gave my car away comapred to some recent pricing)

Last edited:
If the ad is accurate - " FIRST AND SECONDARY CAT DELETE" - it won't pass another MoT. Bound to be a mistake. though, surely.

If the ad is accurate - " FIRST AND SECONDARY CAT DELETE" - it won't pass another MoT. Bound to be a mistake. though, surely.

Not if its had long tube headers fitted. I expect the ELM light has been mapped out.
Not many MOT stations will even bother with the number of cats if my experience is anything to go by.
Passing emissions is the only criteria for them it seems.

Will it pass on emissions with no cats at all, though? I'd assumed not.

If it will, well, I'm sure the new owner will know an MoT tester who takes an, er, realistic, view of such things. In the grand scheme of things, who's to say he's all that far wrong; the sole purpose of the cats is to keep emissions within the laid-down limits, after all, so if they are...

Those are the wheels you should have had Gav :cool::)

Looks a nice car from the pics. Driver's seat doesn't look tired:thumb:

Not sure I understand the stage 2 dyno figures though. Surely it would be running higher than 568bhp, assuming that is at the crank? I would have thought it would have been on MSL's dyno if that's where the 77mm pulley/map were done. Many members cars on here have been on that dyno so have knowledge for comparison.

I know different days different conditions etc, but...?

Unless of course that is at the wheels, which likewise would seem overly optimistic:dk:

Looks a nice car from the pics. Driver's seat doesn't look tired:thumb:

Not sure I understand the stage 2 dyno figures though. Surely it would be running higher than 568bhp, assuming that is at the crank? I would have thought it would have been on MSL's dyno if that's where the 77mm pulley/map were done. Many members cars on here have been on that dyno so have knowledge for comparison.

I know different days different conditions etc, but...?

Unless of course that is at the wheels, which likewise would seem overly optimistic:dk:

May have been mapped to the Customer's own requirements instead of out right Power, perhaps adjusted down to achieve more torque or better drivability for instance.

May have been mapped to the Customer's own requirements instead of out right Power, perhaps adjusted down to achieve more torque or better drivability for instance.

Of course and torque figures are not quoted, although saying that torque is never an issue with an M113K. Just would be odd to go 77mm pulley and mods etc and then map to achieve stage one performance?

I'd have expected around 600bhp with a stage 2 map and those modifications.
But whatever, its still a nice example though I wouldn't be paying that much for it.

At that price point, Simons is a no brainer! :)

I'd have expected around 600bhp with a stage 2 map and those modifications.
But whatever, its still a nice example though I wouldn't be paying that much for it.

Yeah I would say minimum 600bhp and more if it's got long tubes, but that isn't made clear.

It looks very nice to me and has a good spec too. Even the mileage at 113K isn't high really for a 16 year old car. As for price it's difficult to know without viewing I'd say. Estates always hold a good premium over a similar saloon. Obviously some of that will be down to basics such as practicality, but there is also rarity and for me looks too. I'm not saying that just because I have an estate and know looks are a very personal thing. Also some estates will have led a harder life I guess too, so again finding a good one is more difficult.

For a couple of grand more than that asking price you could get a 2012 E63 Biturbo estate on 92K miles, with 550 bhp and 590 lb.ft. as standard, and with a rebuilt engine to boot...;)

Advertised prices aren't much of an indicator of what something will sell for.

Most prices slide until the thing is sold, and many cars don't even end up selling at all.

Which is not to say that they aren't "worth it," it's just that they don't find a buyer at those prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom