s211 Folding Bench Seat Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big1Jim

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 E63 BiTurbo
Hello

Could you tell me if the back of the bench seat is supposed to lock into position? Mine just flops forward and is only held in the correct position by the weight of my Son.

I cant seem to find anything that it would clip into, even with the dog guard/boot cover removed, it still just flops back down.

Thanks in advance

Yes it does lock. IIRC there is a catch at the bottom, drivers side (between the back and the base pieces) that locks and you have to unlock to put it down.
I'll have a look later.

Ha i had a W211 estate 7 seats for 8 years and never knew it locked, i always thought it should do:wallbash:
Also many years ago i had an omega estate, when someone came to buy it he said O its got heated seats, i never knew but be fair i only had it 3 years. :wallbash:
Don't ask me everything this C class amg premium line has, i've only had it 2 years and finely worked all the sat nav options, well i say all lets call it some :thumb:

Yes it does lock. IIRC there is a catch at the bottom, drivers side (between the back and the base pieces) that locks and you have to unlock to put it down.
I'll have a look later.
Thanks mate, that would be appreciated!

Well I've had a good look, in the area you suggest and I can see two clips that if pushed down, do lock the back. However there is nothing that goes into the clips.

I may need to strip it down and clean to see if that makes the difference.

Sorry, slipped my mind to come back to this. There are 2 clips at the base of the back rest, one each side. They seem to work on a ratchet syste sort o so lift the back up and it locks into place and push it and it should release to come back down. I have had some issues in the past with one not releasing so a bit of jiggling was required. A good clean and lubricate should help.

Arh, thanks for that, that was useful. I think I found the problem. Mine aren't on a ratchet, they are just on a spring and require the seat pan to be down in order to lock the back into place. One side was completely jammed solid with grease. A hammer and some penetration lube help free it up. With the seat pan down, the back now locks into place.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom