S211 - I keep finding new toys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
I'm having fun discovering new thing my S211 can do

- Phone - thanks to David Powell and Alfie I've now got my Nokia 6300 fully integrated
- Auto Headlights - discovered this feature last night
- DVD player in the dash - found this yesterday - useless but fun

It's also got loads of useful features that I keep finding

- the previous owned went for ashtray delete so I've got 2 x handy cubbyholes with power for charging things up - eg my phone in the front and a portable DVD in the back
- follow me home lights - about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in London but useful next time I'm away from street lighting
- Ambient lighting - I've found the pages in the manual that tell me how to set this up

And some nice design touches that I am gradually noticing

- the chromed doorhandles add a real quality feel
- the chromed key ditto

All in all I'm having a lot of fun wafting around London in uber-luxury :)

Spend half an hour in the car with your manual and you will be surprised just how many 'toys' you may well have!!

Glad you're enjoying it, I love my 211 too..... :D

Gadgets are fun (for a bit) as I'm finding out.

I'm also new to auto headlights - found myself driving in more gloomy conditions than I would normally waiting for the lights to kick in. Of course I couldn't override the system and turn them on manually as that would be missing the point :D

Ade

I'm guilty of this too, when I discovered the self close worked on the W140 I'd always use it (though now I've decided it's best if I don't so I don't waste the pump :eek:), when I left the car I'd press the Rest button to keep it warm and I always waited for the window wipers to work themselves :eek:

Spend half an hour in the car with your manual and you will be surprised just how many 'toys' you may well have!!

Glad you're enjoying it, I love my 211 too..... :D

Yeah - I'll do that. In fact on the weekend I'll stick a DVD in whilst I'm looking after the kids and have a good explore :)

Electric tail gate :rock:

Ade :eek:

Yes. It's sad how much fun that gives me - extremely useful too as a I found the other day when I was loading it up with a case of wine and stack of beer.

Of course the real fun is watching the expressions on the faces of passers by.

Plus at my son's football training last Saturday all the dads and kids were well impressed by that and the fact it's got the rear-facing kiddie seats in the boot.

I'm guilty of this too, when I discovered the self close worked on the W140 I'd always use it (though now I've decided it's best if I don't so I don't waste the pump :eek:), when I left the car I'd press the Rest button to keep it warm and I always waited for the window wipers to work themselves :eek:

I actually I thought I had self-closing doors and was looking forward to them.

The rest function doesn't exist on E's I don't think.

I guess MB always keep some options back to get you to upgrade to class up

(in my case 7 seats and self levelling suspension not on the E but on the C)

Rest works on our 03 model - Right hand temperature adjust button, unless you have the lux control.

Which reminds me we have the Panorattle option with solar panels. I opened the car door yesterday and the fans seemed to be on - anyone know if this is normal? I presume it's the roof in action, but then again maybe not?

I actually I thought I had self-closing doors and was looking forward to them.

The rest function doesn't exist on E's I don't think.

I guess MB always keep some options back to get you to upgrade to class up

(in my case 7 seats and self levelling suspension not on the E but on the C)

It sure does - have another look at your heater controls!

Rest works on our 03 model - Right hand temperature adjust button, unless you have the lux control.

Which reminds me we have the Panorattle option with solar panels. I opened the car door yesterday and the fans seemed to be on - anyone know if this is normal? I presume it's the roof in action, but then again maybe not?

I have these on my car but have never worked out what they do or come to that if they even work.

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Perfectly normal!

This is a classic study of cause and effect. The pano roof makes the car a very effective greenhouse. Therefore, to combat this, fans come with the roof to aid keeping the car interior cool. This, in turn, would cause an unacceptable drain on the battery. Therefore the solar panels provide the power to drive the fans. Voila!

I have these on my car but have never worked out what they do or come to that if they even work.

Which bits are you referring to?

Rest is a function that allows the heater to run on residual heat for up to 30 minutes or so without the engine being on. Extremely useful if you are a parent of teenagers and are waiting for them :)rolleyes:) outside some club or party on a winters evening.

You mean the solar panel in the Panorattle. As I think Corned has said they run the ventilation system with no-one in the car. I used to think they only worked with the 'Rest' button, but apparently they are cleverer than that!

mine didnt rattle, now with te shade open i get the occasional rattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom