s211 I6 e320 cdi pre facelift vs 2007 e280 cdi v6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As per the title just thought id share my view on the two cars after driving Herishi's face lift 2007 e280 cdi.

I bought my 2003 e320 I6 around a year ago and it had covered 76k, i had mapped soon after buying and i have really impressed how the overal package feels and go's.

Herishi has bought a 2007 s211 sport face lift e280 cdi, the performance is very silky smooth and feels very swift and smooth and not so agressive as my e320 cdi.

The 7g box of the sport feels far superior in its gear changes over my e320's 5 speed.
The sport sits nicly and slighlty lower than my Avantgarde which also shows as it doesnt roll quite as much in corner's.
The Black leather sports seats hug you nicly and i really liked the different colour stitching of the leather interior.
Also the Look of the exterior is also fresher than my 2003 s211 with subtle changes everywhere.
The v6 engine seems so much more quieter than the I6 both inside and out.

Things id say i didnt like as much but not saying they were bad just a personal preference, and thats the feel of the brakes having got used to the SBC pedol feel there seemed to be more pedol travel with the later car's system.
Also the steering of the later car seemed lighter than mine but this could be down to anything ie tyres etc.

If anyone is thinking which model is the better car ignoring the fact the I6 so far seems more ecconomical than the v6 the facelift car gets my vote over the old model ;)

Massive thanks to Herishi for letting me have a good drive of his new purchase, its great example and if one maps it well the performance i can see will be quite abit more.:thumb:

Just my view of course lol:D

I am very happy with my purchase and will hopefully improve on the mpg over the next few weeks

Bring on the detailling

I am very happy with my purchase and will hopefully improve on the mpg over the next few weeks

Bring on the detailling

So you should be mate, Awesome car she's gonna look great:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom