S211 knocking when braking and going over bumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did I read somewhere that someone had a pair of arms they were willing to sell? I can't remember which arms they were or find it in this thread. Thanks.

Me.

All 4.

I have another lower ball joint to replace for the MOT. Utter nightmare, nothing will budge, nothing. I can't separate anything apart from the taper of the ball joint, but it will not budge out of the hub carrier. I feel like I've failed, as I've got so much going on at the moment, I really have little choice now but to let the garage do it.

As a man, I have failed myself :(

I have another lower ball joint to replace for the MOT. Utter nightmare, nothing will budge, nothing. I can't separate anything apart from the taper of the ball joint, but it will not budge out of the hub carrier. I feel like I've failed, as I've got so much going on at the moment, I really have little choice now but to let the garage do it.

As a man, I have failed myself :(
I spent 20 hours of failure on my rear lower arms (that support the springs) , before taking the slow “losers” drive to the garage to sort them ! I feel your pain buddy .
After a few months of therapy I am able to tackle small jobs like oil changes again .
There is hope for you :p .

In my old life I'd have had the time to say righto, if it's not budging, I'm cutting it off and refitting a new one - but I just don't have the time now as I have my son to look after in the week, I literally can do nothing about it.

Maybe while it’s being done by a real garage man , you could get a facial and your nails done buddy . :p

I dated a girl years ago who loved facials, but that's another story entirely......

Helping a local business - add 200 man points :)

Yep, that's another way to look at it.

I did what I could, C type ball joint press wouldn't shift it.

SKF hydraulic ones (£1,000 jobbie) wouldn't shift it.

That's it, out of time. In my old life, I'd just remove the whole thing, like I did years ago and get it drifted out and then start refitting, but I just couldn't even shift the track rod end - it got dark, cold and wet, I just had to give up and put things back. I just do not have the time anymore for jobs which take days to complete due to running into issues. Maybe one day things will change again, but for now I'm just not set up for it.

I dated a girl years ago who loved facials, but that's another story entirely......
My mother receives a facial from her brother every Xmas, she's 76.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom