S211 now gone..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Well, that's it. A very good friend finally made me an offer for my S211 that I couldn't refuse, so on friday it leaves me. It was a great car, but to be honest, after 3 years I was getting a bit bored with it.

For a while I'll be Mercless as my largest (and kindest!!) client has given me a car to use indefinately that will enable me to spend the 211 money on a more "classic" Mercedes! Yippeee!!!
So, now, the searching and decision making begins!

I'm thinking, R107 SL, SLK, 124 coupe, CL etc. :)

So, hopefully during my Mercless period I'll still be able to pop in here... :)

Little update! Seems the Saab may change for an SLK280.... :)

So, may not be Mercless for long.... :)

PS- the "company car" I'm collecting on friday is made of a lot of MB components... :)

Little update! Seems the Saab may change for an SLK280.... :)

So, may not be Mercless for long.... :)

PS- the "company car" I'm collecting on friday is made of a lot of MB components... :)

Chrysler 300?

Well, today is my last day with my trusty 211! Now I'm not sure I've done the right thing! :eek:

Still, it's going to a good home....

But this 300C is so......huge!! :D I have to say though, not since I borrowed a '69 Mustang have I had so many looks in a car! :D

For those interested, the ride is sublime, far better than my 211, probably because of the 60 series tyres and the MB V6 diesel is wonderful! This car is way better than anything comparable at it's price, but you can tell where the money has been saved.

Would I buy one? Probably not, but as a client provided run around, it's great! :)

I've a nice C124 if you're interested

Big?

Is it the estate? the boot is way way smaller than an S211

There are two people at work with them (both estates)....like you say as a freebe and for the money if you have to buy one great. Compared to the build quality or a Merc / BMW / Audi as you say you can see that staright away where the money is saved.

Like you I think they look ok, but would I buy one........

nope :)

I'm thinking more SLK(280 or 350) to replace Saab (yes, that's still got to go too..) but I do like those C124s...

Big?

Is it the estate? the boot is way way smaller than an S211

There are two people at work with them (both estates)....like you say as a freebe and for the money if you have to buy one great. Compared to the build quality or a Merc / BMW / Audi as you say you can see that staright away where the money is saved.

Like you I think they look ok, but would I buy one........

nope :)
It's a saloon (sedan I have to say now! LOL) and as far as styling goes, I really like it! Very imposing and even slightly cartoonish - will be fun to use for a year or two, Only negative really is the interior, which although quite stylish, material wise it's a million miles away from the 211.

Still want a CLS, but for now I'm happy to use the 300C and look forward to the CLS in a year or two :) (be able to get a facelift '09 or '10 by then! :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom