S211 Optional extras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Does anyone know how much the following extras were when purchasing the car new?

Keyless Go

Airmatic

Distronic

Integrated Rear Booster Seats

Cooled (Ventilated) Seats

TV Module on the COMAND System

Rear TV Entertainment Pack

Designo Paint

Thanks again :thumb:

The reason for my asking is an S211 that I enquired about. The owner was listing how much certain extras were and I couldn't be exact on the prices myself.

He said Airmatic was over a £3,000+ extra and Keyless-Go was nearly £2k:eek:

Now, I knew they wouldn't be that high, even with Mercedes pricing. When I speak to him again today I can now quote the actual prices for the specification.

As an aside, looking at the list of optional extras, I can't understand why people buy poverty-spec? If you are spending circa £35k you would think that you could afford to spend say another £2k on extras...

Personal preference I suppose:dk:

I guess if it's a company car then the allowance is capped. So the driver get to choose between a top-spec Mondeo or a base spec Mercedes.

Does anyone know how much the following extras were when purchasing the car new?

Keyless Go

Airmatic

Distronic

Integrated Rear Booster Seats

Cooled (Ventilated) Seats

TV Module on the COMAND System

Rear TV Entertainment Pack

Designo Paint

What a wonderful tool the internet is.

Here's what Christopherwk sent me recently when I was doing just what you were doing.

It's pre-facelift, but you'll be in the right area.
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...le-MEDIA.tmp/E-Class%20Saloon%20W211%20PL.pdf

Thanks again :thumb:

The reason for my asking is an S211 that I enquired about. The owner was listing how much certain extras were and I couldn't be exact on the prices myself.

He said Airmatic was over a £3,000+ extra and Keyless-Go was nearly £2k:eek:

Now, I knew they wouldn't be that high, even with Mercedes pricing. When I speak to him again today I can now quote the actual prices for the specification.

As an aside, looking at the list of optional extras, I can't understand why people buy poverty-spec? If you are spending circa £35k you would think that you could afford to spend say another £2k on extras...

hmmm.... when buying a used car; sometimes its worth knowing how much fancy optional extras cost to repair lol.... that puts a slightly different perspective on things and takes the shine off the seller's arguments about what extras they're giving you with the car... :thumb:

The real question is not what he/original owner paid for the extras but what they are worth now.

Very few extra are worth anything when the car is sold on. Metallic paint is worth something (or rather, best of luck trying to sell one without it!), but designo paint won't add anything further. Most of what he lists are 'nice to haves' and may improve saleability but in terms of hard cash value I bet a dealer wouldn't add more than £500 to his offer for the lot combined.

You can test this by doing a valuation on Glass's with and without the options.

The car books at £6500 in excellent condition but without any extras.

So maybe £7-7,300 is what it's worth but he is adamant he won't take any less than £9800.... It's got 4 brand new premium Tyres, taxed and tested until next year. 110,000 miles with FMBSH.

I'm trying to decide between about 4 cars at the moment and just for good measure, my friend has offered me his 2004 4.0 TDi A8 for similar money....

I gave him a hard offer of £9k take it or leave it on the S211.

The car books at £6500 in excellent condition but without any extras.

So maybe £7-7,300 is what it's worth but he is adamant he won't take any less than £9800.... It's got 4 brand new premium Tyres, taxed and tested until next year. 110,000 miles with FMBSH.

I'm trying to decide between about 4 cars at the moment and just for good measure, my friend has offered me his 2004 4.0 TDi A8 for similar money....

I gave him a hard offer of £9k take it or leave it on the S211.

If it books at £6500 and he wants £10000, that's a big big step up, certainly not covered by options.

What are comparable vehicles going for?

About £8k ish.
There is a 2005/05 E320 Cdi avantgarde 7 seater, COMAND, heated memory seats, parking sensors with 141k on sale with a trader at £7995.

I reminded him that my offer will end up being his best offer in the long term. But like o said to him, if you want to hold out for £9800 waiting for someone to come along who'll pay that- good luck and goodbye sir.

Did you spot that price list I posted above? - it's very useful for spec checking.

I'm sure something else will come along, there's no shortage of choice out there.

Last edited:

Maybe because the standard specification is really quite good.

I've been out in my cousins BMW 318d ES. Its not got climate, electric seat adjustment, leather, auto gears, auto wipers and lights (not 100% sure on that), xenons, and seat squab tilt adjustment (not 100% on that one). He drives 40k/yr in that perfect well, its frugal, fun, safe and reliable.

All thats standard on the Mercedes and really all the nice things you would want and need. Bar a sunroof (a normal one not a pano) I cannot think why you would add anything else to a 211 AG or sport unless you had a specific requirement for it.

Other people add specific options because they might well want it. A person going to lots of different sites might add COMAND, a fella who likes driving in the weekend in the good weather might add a sun roof (personally I think Mercedes have a cheek in not making that standard, the pano should cost but a normal sunroof be free).

As mentioned

The options are great when you have a warranty and the cars new...

The airmatic suspension is I think around £800 each to replace, so not actually sure I would want that? Other toys are nice to have but not worth much second hand, especially at the value the cars are at now.

yes it might make it more desirable over and above another but I suspect if its booked at £6500 (which sounds low? you only need to look in the trader and piston heads and there are few at that price) but he's adding a 'lot' for the options.

I would think £1000 to £1500 for command, heated seats, xenons, etc. He will have that for sale a long time if he wants his asking price. You have given a fair price.

I also agree with above.

Bits that are nice are standard on the Merc, and I keep finding things :) Auto wipers, cruise, folding mirrors, lights that stay on when you lock to see your way,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom