S211 rear tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
OK, age-old question I know, but the rears on my S211 are just about shot. So what to replace them with?

I have it in mind that they have not done a huge mileage, so I am not currently thinking of replacing like-for-like. The current ones are Falken FK452's.

I have just checked (may as well deal in facts not guesses) and they have done 22,250 miles in total. They were bought in March 2010 and originally put on the front. Then when I got two new tyres in October 2010, they went on the back. This was at 12,200 miles.

Now, as you can see, I do a few miles per year, so wear rates are important - as it value for money (the Yorkshireman in me getting out again :rolleyes:).

For other reasons (mainly noise!) I do not want FK452s again. Are the ZE912s any better, or am I better off going a little further upmarket and getting something like the Conti Sport 2s?

The last time I had to put rubber on one of my previous 211s, I bought a full set of Pirelli P7s and they were fantastic.

They did the two main things you want in a tyre; be quiet and stop on a sixpence.

Well recommended.

I run Contisport 3 on mine. Quite good in the wet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom