S211 Rear Wiper Plate & Load Cover Rod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Any tips for removing the half moon plate that sits under the rear wiper arm?

Also, when replacing the rod that runs through the load cover, do I simply take apart the handle and it will slide out of either end?

I've taken photos but it won't let me upload them through the iPhone app.

I've now done the load cover rod, it's just this half moon plate left to do....

Half moon plate - slide a scalpel in between glass and plate to get some clearance, then do the same with a screwdriver and lever it upwards. It's stuck to the rubber facing of the wiper section.

You'll need some contact adhesive or similar to stick the new one down...I've just done mine.

Warning!

Please be careful!

Be extremely careful not to touch or otherwise disturb the rubber gromet which seals the wiper spindle. As I have found to my cost (see my various threads on water ingress and electrical nonsense) this area requires very delicate handling.

All my tailgate problems for the last two years snd more have been due to the repair of the tailgate which disturbed this tiny little gromet. It is very fragile.

Be warned!

So does the wiper arm need taking off before I can fit this plate?

Absolutely. The arm will definitely need removing.

I don't know for sure, but the trim piece may clip onto the bottom of the window glass. I can't quite see if it goes right round to the inside face of the glass, but it certainly curls under the bottom edge of the glass, so you could have to remove the whole motor/spindle assembly to prise the trim piece downwards and clear of the window.

Could be a bit of a fiddly job, but take your time (as per above)!

Last edited:
As said before, the arm has to come off. The lip on the plate is flat, it does not curl round underneath. Just prise the old one off, clean up the area and stick the new one down.

You'll cause more disturbance removing the wiper arm than detaching the plate, it needs a fair amount of wiggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom