S211 red battery warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
c9fc8d1c159b688ba8171678e1a3fd19.jpg

So I got this warning today, I'm guessing alternator but the car is running fine!

Any ideas here?

Thanks

Steve

Battery Voltage very low. The W211 has 2 batteries.

Did it say which one when you tried clearing the error? How old are the batteries?

Have you been using the car regularly?

Or have you left it unloved for a while?

Or have you done something to drain the battery recently? Lights on overnight etc?

I only have one battery in my 211 as it is the newer one (3.0l v6 diesel)

Not done anything to load the battery and I've been driving every day.

I got the dash in engineering mode today and noticed it took 3 mins before the battery voltage went for around 12v to the 14.5v level that shows the alternator is engaged, not sure why there was this delay though.

Thanks

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the battery original or do you know how old it is?

Does your car alarm work properly.

Dec

Is the battery original or do you know how old it is?

Does your car alarm work properly.

Dec

Yeah official mb battery only about a year old, I can see that there is an issue with the charge voltage, it takes ages for the alternator to kick in so the battery sits at 12v for a while before going to 14.4v

Not sure if there is a controller or if it's just the alternator that needs replacing

Hi,
If you are convinced it is the Alternator at fault (it does sound like the regulator is at fault) you should just be able to just replace the regulator rather than the whole Alternator.
I know on my CLS55 it is fitted on the back of the alternator and can be replaced very quickly leaving the Alternator still in place, I paid approx. £20ish for a OEM Bosch item, or MB part about £50.

Hi,

If you are convinced it is the Alternator at fault (it does sound like the regulator is at fault) you should just be able to just replace the regulator rather than the whole Alternator.

I know on my CLS55 it is fitted on the back of the alternator and can be replaced very quickly leaving the Alternator still in place, I paid approx. £20ish for a OEM Bosch item, or MB part about £50.

Thx Andy

@merc85 can you get hold of these?

I've pmd you Herishi via Fb,

Bosch Part number to help forum should be F00M346080

Best get the number of the unit as there are 3 different regulators

So sorted this issue today, the brushes on the alternator voltage regulator were worn to the extreme, however after fixing this I now have a glow plug warning light error [emoji36]

the secondary issue is now solved, the pattern voltage regulator was putting noise on the LIN bus and preventing comms.

When I changed to a new genuine Valeo Voltage regulator I was left with only one error, this was the glow output stage relay it's self, so once I replaced this everything is perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom