S211 Shed Newbie from Yorkshire/London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano24v

Car
CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake
Hi Guys/Girls,

just picked up a shed of a E320cdi Avantgarde. its done 290k and is showing its miles :D
runs half decent though. It was previosly owned by an antiques dealer and used as a van so the interior is pretty ruined and the bodywork is nothing short of horrendous. Crucially though it seems solid mechanically. Im having a few well documented problems (red battery vist workshop sign being the most annoying) but for the most part its pretty decent.
Its my first foray into Mercedes ownership and even though its a bit of a ****ter i cant see why i havent made the jump earlier!

anyway, thats me.

Dean

Hi dean welcome.

What are your plans for the car, just run her as she is or rolling restoration?

To be honest with you hawlkwind, i wont really be touching the bodywork. Its been purchased as a tool to do my 700 mile a week travels and to ferry the family about at weekends. To that end i'll be making sure that its A OK mechanically but its never going to be a showcar. It has a few niggles that i need to sort but i wont really be ploughing much money into it as it isnt worth anything in fairness.

Welcome to the White Rose club of London. Meetings are held in the best of the guildhalls:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom